HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

HELP!

(1/1)

justanotherface:
okay soo a while ago i had sex with this guy and now im hearing that he may have hiv/aids. i have been going to the gyno and they have been testing me as a abnormal pap. but this last time that i went he said he couldnt find anything! but before [earlier this year] i was hit with a std-clyamida- and now im SCARED OUT MY MIND. this last couple of days i think ive had a yeast infection but then again im not sure because im dont feel a thing now. i dont get sick but over and over i keep reading the symptoms and none is applyin to me...am i going crazy or something? can someone please tell me something...what to do? what the problem is? im scared out my mind to get tested because i dont know the results...but is there something to do before...something to look out for?

RapidRod:
If the sex was unprotect anal or vaginal sex. You'll need to text 13 weeks past your last exposure.

Ann:
just,

You need to start making certain condoms are being used, whether or not you "think" the guy is ok and doesn't have hiv or any other STI. Don't wait until after the fact when you hear some rumour to start worrying.

A PAP smear doesn't have anything to do with hiv. The ONLY way to know your hiv status is through hiv antibody testing. When was "a while ago"? You can test at six weeks for a very good indication of your true hiv status, but a negative result at six weeks MUST be confirmed at three months.

You also need to know that symptoms or even the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv. Only the appropriate test at the appropriate time will reliably reveal your hiv status. Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Testing and Transmission Lessons links for further info.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can make sure your fella is using them properly. While you're on either of those pages, have a look through the bottom three links in the left-hand column. They discuss ways that you, as a woman, can protect yourself. I recommend the female condom as they are also excellent barriers against hiv infection, and importantly, they give YOU the control over condom use.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version