Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

God...

<< < (3/4) > >>

0608:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on August 13, 2012, 02:03:45 AM ---The fact that you didn't speak up, or "boo" is the litmus test of your faith. If you believed what you say, you would have spoken up.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps.  But I am a work in progress still, and I hope to get there someday.

0608:

--- Quote from: songs06 on August 13, 2012, 03:15:33 AM ---i am not going to argue about god exists or not but i really don't get one thing everytime.
why is life meaningless when we accept there is no god or hell/heaven? i heard this a lot and still don't get it.
can't we just really accept the fact heaven and hell are in this life, not afterlife, and still live a happy meaningfull life. i mean, sometimes it looks like people believe in god just because they don't accept a "ending" or "a death" or just for a "feeling of justice"
i wish i could believe a justice, and i wish i could believe Somalian baby who dies 3 days after birth because of hunger, will go to heaven. but i think, life could be still meaningfull, even you believe everything ends when you die. actually it gives much more meaning to life, when you realize how little time you have to feel and experience things on earth.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking about this today.  I think for me, as corny as it sounds, ultimately it comes down to love.  Think about the people who you love the most and love you the most.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could spend eternity together in heaven after our lives are over?  I could endure just about anything in this lifetime if I knew that was to come.  And as I began to believe so, I began to love God more and more. 

It's all a personal choice, of course.  I just personally feel so much happier and stronger now that I believe in God, and I wanted to share my experience.   :D

Rockin:
I actually feel a little silly believing that there is this guy up there with a beard and a thunder voice watching everything I do and affecting my life directly. I also feel silly believing Jesus Christ, who lived ages ago, died for "my" sins. It seems like children's fairytale when you think about it...no disrespect here, I was born and raised a Catholic but I formed my own opinion about it.

I do believe, however, that there is this energy...that there are things we cannot explain but I think they are abstract...no shape of human or anything like that. And I feel that, when we pray to God, we are actually praying for life. When we say "God give me strength" we are actually saying "Please life, give me the strength."

From the very first moment humans set foot on Earth, bad things happen to good people. No one ever promised us that life would be filled with rainbows and unicorns and candy all the time. Life is not fair to a whole lot of people and that's just the way it is.

I feel bad about having HIV but awful things happen to people every second of the day...it's not just me. So I never stopped having faith that life can be good and that we are still lucky in many other aspects of it. 

Life:
Life is a bit shallow and worthless without some beleif in something other than yourself..  Setting limits in this world is just that, probably something you should not do...  Lost my husband 3 years ago.  Lost Dad 4 months ago..  And thats it?  No more existance anywhere?  Blackness? Not for me..  Spirituality is simple for me.  Dont make it to hard.. God is or he isn't.  Pretty simple.  Or whatever you want to call 'it".

Eric

0608:
I agree on keeping thoughts on God and spiritualiy simple, as I think it's PEOPLE who actually complicate things and make it all messed up and divisive.  I think ultimately, God is love.  And if you believe in love that lasts even after death, then that is having faith in God.  For me, that is the ultimate bottom line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version