HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

gave a bj to other man. help!

(1/3) > >>

moosaidthecow:
first of all, i have read a lot of the comments on this forum including the lessons, but i still feel i need to ask my question.

basically i gave oral sex to a man who i didn't know - i did not know his status either, there was no ejaculation - i know that this form of sex is considered very low risk (if that), but i tend to pick the skin of lips sometimes (horrible habit), i am not sure if i picked my lips before i practised the sex, but it would not be considered unusual if i did.

questions:

do i need to test?

how does the possibility of open cuts on the lips change the risk? surely precum could get directly into the bloodstream that way. wouldn't it be classed as high risk then?

i also read that bad oral hygeine increases the risk - i consider my mouth healthy, although my gums do bleed sometimes but ONLY when i brush my teeth. i know that my gums were not bleeding at the time so do i not need to worry about that factor?

i read in the uk guidelines that the risk of giving a blowjob is betwen 0 - 0.04% (it does not say if that included ejaculation). would you agree?

thanks.

oh, and it has been nearly a month since the incident. i have having to wait another two months.

Ann:
Moo,

You only need to test if it is part of your annual or semi-annual routine sexual health check-up.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Lessons links found there.

Ann

moosaidthecow:
wow. thanks anne. that's very reassuring. and i always use condoms for vaginal sex (this is the only unsafe enounter i have had). so when i get my next annual check-up - i have no reason to suspect hiv, right?

thanks again. i really respect you guys.

Ann:

--- Quote from: moosaidthecow on October 03, 2006, 12:38:56 PM ---wow. thanks anne. that's very reassuring. and i always use condoms for vaginal sex (this is the only unsafe enounter i have had). so when i get my next annual check-up - i have no reason to suspect hiv, right?

--- End quote ---

Moo, that's correct! Keep using those condoms and remember your routine check ups and you'll be fine.

Ann

moosaidthecow:
oh, sorry one more thing - i got a Hepatitis A jab a while ago (after the event) cause i was going to egypt. i know this may sound stupid but does it change anything in regards to hiv?

thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version