POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 12:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642843
  • Total Topics: 48904
  • Online Today: 188
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Do I Live in Brasil  (Read 1338 times)

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
Do I Live in Brasil
« on: October 03, 2006, 07:12:01 AM »
No no no not the country but the 1985 movie by Terry Gilliam . A Chaplin comedy of Orwellian/Kafkesque proportions. Yesterday as I got up and geting ready to leave the ole telly was on NBC.
They decided sometime ago to switch from news in the morning to fluff.

For some reason after 21/2 years on Sustiva I was getting a Sustiva moment again, feeling a step and a half out of myself, when Meridith the new chirpy replacement for Katie started to rattle off something about a veiwer's choice for a wedding ring. There were four choices, Updated Vintage, Simple & Modern, Tradition Twist and last Sophisticated Bling:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15000409/

I thought how odd, just like a Reverend Moon ceremony every detail is being selected by a mass ,only  of moronic housewives who believe in the sanctity of marriage of str8 people I surmize
.What gets funnier, and I swear it wasn't the Sustiva was when the hairdresser comes on. He states what is in for str8 peoples breeding cerimonies is individualism. So now America is going to vote on her hair, how individual!

Between the new definition that guys who e mail kids are drunks, not pedeophiles, the third shooting in a school of kids, people in this forum pissed that many of us use our constitutional rights to critisize a govenrment- and whom have such an accute sense of reality can not seperate criticism of admin to country my conclusion:

Brazil Brazil Brazil
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Teresa

Re: Do I Live in Brasil
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:56:40 AM »
What you saw on the Morning show has been going on for a few years. They have a contest every year to marry a couple on live TV.

It starts out with about 8 couples. They show clips of each couples, tells about them, how they met and then they have little competitions each week and people call or go on line to vote for their favorite couple. The couple with the least votes leaves. Then when there is one couple left people vote on everything. The wedding dress, the suit the groom wears, the bridesmaid dresses (which includes the flower girls dress), the wedding rings, the brides hairstyle, where they go on their honeymoon. Then they are married on live TV.

I am confused why this bothers you. If us moronic housewives want to take a few minutes out of our day to vote for what a few of us might think is a fun little contest what is the harm?

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »
Gee isn't it a contradiction of sanctity of marriage? Maybe if we could have a show in which we the public can pick 2 guys to wed ala the bachelor or a contest for like this for 2 women it might not bother me.
Or maybe just the fact that instead report news and more instead of the three or four crimes de jour every few minutes in rotation we could get more information on what is happening in real life.
When was the last time you saw anything in depth and educational (news worthy) on HIV? Or even the state of education ?
And as I said to add insult to injury they make it sound like this is a special intimate moment , hey do we get to pick the sex acts to be performed on the wedding night? For a news show i just found it a waste, what has this have to do with anything relevant to anyone's life even.
Then again i guess this is the fodder to dupe Americans into thinking their vote counts for something while the republicans are fixing the voting machines.
Out of curiosity have you ever read Fahrenheit 451- war and wall to wall tv's- oh I am just ragging again sorry
Hugs  and do check out the movie it is better tha Matt Louer.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:01:16 AM by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »
Well if you want news and nothing but news then you should probally watch CNN or Fox. The Today Show, Good Morning America, and the others aren't just news shows. They also do human interest segments as well.

I agree that there aren't enough in-depth news stories about HIV.

I don't understand why this wouldn't bother you just as much if it was 2 men or 2 women getting married. But since it is a man and a woman it bothers you. Because either way it doesn't or wouldn't bother me.

No i have never read Fahrenheit 451 or saw the movie.

Hugs
Teresa

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 03:24:09 PM by Teresa »
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:43:35 PM »
Like I said I was also having a Sustiva moment,  one of the side effects is agitation which I thought the bee pollen took care but it hit me. In the end it isn't the worst thing in the world, but imagine you are tripping while watching rosie o donald, Everything is just that much worse. You should check out the book and the movie, I will give some sustiva as well!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »
Yeah I know those kind of Sustiva moments well. When Hubby has one of them i just bop him upside the head and go on....LOL

You will have to pick another example for me to watch while trippin cause i like Rosie.,...Maybe Tom Cruise when he was jumping on Oprahs couch.

Hope you have less and less of those Sustiva moments, Hubby doesn't have them much anymore.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 06:39:14 PM »
Somehow i think it is related to my food intake. And it really doesn't have to be something you dislike, you just seem to be removed from it and with me slightly agitated. I always have this stuff on as background noise as I get ready for work, and i can easily change the channel.
It  wasn't that it bothered me I just percieved it to be so idiotic.
 Even without Sustiva i wouldn't want my most personal day to be voted on,Would you want strangers picking your life out? In the end this couple are happy with it and I guess she can't bitch about anything to the husband, I wonder how this will end if these people ever have problems over this .
 I think I would recommend Wizard of Oz but with the Dark Side of the Moon cd playing .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:41:37 PM by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline Teresa

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 06:50:41 PM »
Hey its a free wedding that you don't have to plan any of the details. After watching my niece and sister take a year to plan her wedding and all the headaches they got.....sounds like a pretty good deal to me..but then me and Hubby got married in Vegas. Went to a drive thru chapel. Kinda like going to McDonalds. Was fun though.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.