Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

features of the site

<< < (10/11) > >>

gulfcoastFL:

Thanks this was a real helpful thread, a lot of info
and a gift from Miss P that keeps on giving  :P .

Thank you!!! Miss Philicia!  :) :)

yours truly,
appreciator of art dude in Florida

tednlou2:
I am still trying to learn my IPad on this site and others.  When you click on a YouTube link, for example, it opens up the YouTube app.  But, there's no way to get back here, except to close YouTube and reopen the browser.  Unless I am missing something, they should make an easy return feature. 

Another issue is many websites, mostly news sites, have video that says it requires Flash or some other program, but the IPad is not set up for it.  Sometimes, you can get around that by finding the video in other places that will play on IPad.  Or, when you can play the video, there's no share button or copy URL button. 

Miss Philicia:
1) it's not a computer

2) perhaps you should have bought a non-Apple tablet

3) perhaps you should investigate these thing before shelling out $500

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on January 18, 2013, 03:13:17 PM ---

Another issue is many websites, mostly news sites, have video that says it requires Flash or some other program, but the IPad is not set up for it.  Sometimes, you can get around that by finding the video in other places that will play on IPad.  Or, when you can play the video, there's no share button or copy URL button. 

--- End quote ---



--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on January 18, 2013, 06:38:23 PM ---1) it's not a computer

2) perhaps you should have bought a non-Apple tablet

3) perhaps you should investigate these thing before shelling out $500

--- End quote ---

I was seriously just going to buy an Ipad, but not now.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on January 18, 2013, 07:30:49 PM ---
I was seriously just going to buy an Ipad, but not now.

--- End quote ---

2013 is the year of the Phablet!

Just wait until the Samsung Galaxy Note III comes out this summer. 6.3" OLED 1080p HD screen tablet but with phone capability and and 8 core Exynos 5 Octa processor. Think iPad Mini (7.9" screen) with a phone -- Apple is going to have to put a phone in their mini at some point. Phablets are the new rage in Asia.

Or maybe I'll get rid of my smartphone and have an iPad Mini and just use Facetime and/or Skype for all phone calls/texting, once the 4GLTE model is out and my Sprint plan has no data use limits. But only when they upgrade to a retina display and stronger processor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version