Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Ketogenic Diet

<< < (3/3)

TabooPrincess:
Miss P - apparently our natural state is to be in ketosis, back in the cave-man days.  Granted we've evolved a lot since then to be reliant on carbs for energy!  Ketosis does make you feel fabulous, full of energy and euphoric but it's not a great way to lose weight imho - but it was what I needed and worked for me at the time.  I stick to a healthier way of maintaining my weight now!!

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: TabooPrincess on February 14, 2013, 11:00:00 AM ---Miss P - apparently our natural state is to be in ketosis, back in the cave-man days.  Granted we've evolved a lot since then to be reliant on carbs for energy!  Ketosis does make you feel fabulous, full of energy and euphoric but it's not a great way to lose weight imho - but it was what I needed and worked for me at the time.  I stick to a healthier way of maintaining my weight now!!

--- End quote ---

I, for one, don't want to live like a caveman. Dinosaurs always chewing up the lawn and what have you.

Not eating for a few days does perk you up, though, and I'm not being sarcastic. I always assumed it was your body saying "hey, use this burst of energy to either hunt down a brontosaur or come up with a better diplodocus trap or we're going to die", but I'm not a dietitian and base this on years of solid linguistics training. ;) I would like to be a dietitian. Why didn't any of you tell me this 16-17 years ago?

I exist in this, what do you call it, ketosis state a lot, and it's fun until the hallucinations, sometimes after depending on how friendly they are and what they want you to do. When they're nice ghosties with few demands, it does feel pretty cool, and you can get a lot of work done. But the same is true of meth amphetamines. I don't recommend either for long-term health.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version