Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Human Growth Hormone/Testosterone

<< < (2/4) > >>

PortlandPoz:
Hey TheRoof- I also lift but would say more now than ever keeping a healthy diet is extremely important.

The way I think of it is this- when you eat out you have no idea what is being put into the food, who is preparing it, if they are sanitary, etc. If you already have a compromised immune system it's probably the worst thing you can do to eat out constantly and especially fast/junk food.

Your body may look good by taking steroids or HGH but internally it's not going to stay good for long. If you aren't eating the things that help your body safely rebuild/maintain itself you will eventually suffer. It's like putting crappy cheap gas in your car. It works and will run but you will probably have a break down eventually and will have to spend time and money to make it work again.

mecch:
Do you get hard?  Do you look like and feel like a guy in his 20's?

What is your objective with the body building and the desire for testosterone/drug use?

Its trade offs.  If you really get into gym culture and really want the hyper muscular body of your dreams, and you aren't getting it naturally, what is the price you want to pay to get it with drugs?  What is that body gonna mean?

Is there any body dysmorphic issues, here?

TheRoof:
Hey all thank you for the replies!






--- Quote from: WillyWump on August 11, 2012, 10:20:19 PM ---I agree with your doc, you are too young for Testo...jsut because the guys in the gym are doing it without medical supervision does not mean it is ok for you. 200 is just slightly low, I wouldnt make any rash judgements about starting you really dont want to start scewing with your hormones at your age. Testo has alot of side effects, trust me I know. I've been injecting it for 2 years. I get bumps on my forehead and shoulders, my nuts are the size of grapes, the hair loss, and it can be mentally taxing with all the up and downs between injections. It's all very lovely.

I'm 44, when I started my level was 32, I have never gone above 250. What I wouldnt give to have a level of 200 and NOT have to shoot up.

-W

--- End quote ---

I appreciate the reply with someone with experience. I have done a lot of research on this. I try to take vitamins. Such as... flaxeed, multi, calc/magnesium/zinc, iron, B-Complex, B12, Amino Acid supplement.  -- I take vitamins and I've noticed im getting more arm hair and chest hair. 
(P.s. if you had to recommend a protein supplement in pill form. That is an Amino Acid. What would you recommend?) Most don't really have any protein in it


--- Quote from: PortlandPoz on August 13, 2012, 11:35:53 AM ---Hey TheRoof- I also lift but would say more now than ever keeping a healthy diet is extremely important.

The way I think of it is this- when you eat out you have no idea what is being put into the food, who is preparing it, if they are sanitary, etc. If you already have a compromised immune system it's probably the worst thing you can do to eat out constantly and especially fast/junk food.

Your body may look good by taking steroids or HGH but internally it's not going to stay good for long. If you aren't eating the things that help your body safely rebuild/maintain itself you will eventually suffer. It's like putting crappy cheap gas in your car. It works and will run but you will probably have a break down eventually and will have to spend time and money to make it work again.

--- End quote ---

I workout with pretty strong guys. I lift very close to what they lift. I can notice a "bloated" gain. but the next day I am back to the  point where It looks like I haven't even touched the weights in months.
(They don't know about the HIV) but they "accuse" me of starving myself. Which is a lie!

(I made an appointment with a nutrionist)




--- Quote from: mecch on August 15, 2012, 08:12:15 AM ---Do you get hard?  Do you look like and feel like a guy in his 20's?

What is your objective with the body building and the desire for testosterone/drug use?

Its trade offs.  If you really get into gym culture and really want the hyper muscular body of your dreams, and you aren't getting it naturally, what is the price you want to pay to get it with drugs?  What is that body gonna mean?

Is there any body dysmorphic issues, here?

--- End quote ---

These are good questions. I am not sure... I honestly feel "older' than most of people my age. I am 22, but I do not get along with people my age. (At all.) I feel there is not much to talk about (Not in an elitist sense. I just do not feel "young". I have never really been part of the club scene. I was in fraternity a year and a half back. But left because the guys that I was "slightly off") I mostly workout with older guys.


Erections wise.
I do not get erections anymore. I have no desire for sex. I am not really depressed. But I go through these episodes maybe once a month. Where I don't sleep for 3-4 days at a time. (I do not take any psychiatric medicine anymore.) Then I can have sexual intercourse for what it seems like days.  I can sexually stimulate myself for 13-14 hours without orgasm. Until I decide to "release." I just figure its stress causing this.

I am just... "blah"  in general. I try to stick to compound movements. I am "strong" just look weak.
(Body image wise.)  What triggered me  just 3 days ago. Is when I was walking out the gym these few guys (who are also in college said...) "The guy has good legs, but he looks like an addict"

That broke my heart. I assume they meant "serious drugs" to make that assumption. I try not to let it bother me. Because it is not true.


The body dysmorphic thing.  While it would be nice to look like Brad Pitt in gladiator my frame (HIV or not) would not allow that. -I just want to "feel good" (Does that make sense?-
If I had to give you a person. People always make stupid remarks like. "You look like the guy from twilight" or always some stupid thing related to vampires.
I  stand out from the rest of the crowd. There are other skinny guys. Girls always make awkward comments. "Did you see that guy? bla bla bla" or... "Holy Shit"   I hate it I feel like I just... don't belong. (I am caucasian. yet everyone makes a remark. With the exception of Latinos. They never say anything) I know that sound like a weird observation.. but it is what it is.
 I try to be optimistic and keep my head held high.





Who knows. I reread my post.  Maybe It's schizophrenia/bipolar disorder. But I was never diagnosed with that.  Maybe I'm paranoid. I try to be rational about this. I am sane enough to keep a job & I am graduating this semester with a 3.4 GPA.
 But when people say  that stuff. They still say it. It's a dilemma I have been battling for a few years now.


All my doctor says is "you're young." well... that is true. I agree, but I also have this disease. I never use it as an excuse NOT to live life. But still...  it sucks! & It makes you lose motivation a lot. (when no results are seen) lol
I  just want to see results. & that simply it.      If there was some supplement that could match my "criteria" I would love to research it.

TheRoof:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on August 11, 2012, 10:20:19 PM ---I agree with your doc, you are too young for Testo...jsut because the guys in the gym are doing it without medical supervision does not mean it is ok for you. 200 is just slightly low, I wouldnt make any rash judgements about starting you really dont want to start scewing with your hormones at your age. Testo has alot of side effects, trust me I know. I've been injecting it for 2 years. I get bumps on my forehead and shoulders, my nuts are the size of grapes, the hair loss, and it can be mentally taxing with all the up and downs between injections. It's all very lovely.

I'm 44, when I started my level was 32, I have never gone above 250. What I wouldnt give to have a level of 200 and NOT have to shoot up.

-W

--- End quote ---

BTW. We are on a similar regimen  :) I am on Norvir/Prezista/Truvada! (How is your regimen.?) Is that a good regimen for keeping T-level constant? Are there better regimens possibly? If you know.) I like doing  advanced physiology research for fun. & study neurology &  endocrine system

mecch:

--- Quote from: TheRoof on August 25, 2012, 12:18:57 AM --- I try to take vitamins. Such as... flaxeed, multi, calc/magnesium/zinc, iron, B-Complex, B12, Amino Acid supplement.  -- I take vitamins and I've noticed im getting more arm hair and chest hair. 

--- End quote ---

You are 22. Don't be so quick to attribute the body hair to any supplements. Its common for guys to get hairier in their 20's.


--- Quote from: TheRoof on August 25, 2012, 12:18:57 AM ---Erections wise.
I do not get erections anymore. I have no desire for sex. I am not really depressed. But I go through these episodes maybe once a month. Where I don't sleep for 3-4 days at a time. (I do not take any psychiatric medicine anymore.) Then I can have sexual intercourse for what it seems like days.  I can sexually stimulate myself for 13-14 hours without orgasm. Until I decide to "release." I just figure its stress causing this.

--- End quote ---
Hmm.  Has your GP or your HIV doc sent you to neurologist or a psychiatrist to investigate any of this stuff, mentioned above, and below?

Its awful that you are so young and not getting wood and not wanting sex.  That sounds frustrating, demoralizing and really something that doctors should be investigating.  You don't deserve this burden. 

The marathon edging sessions sound like a normal enough fetish (though 14 hours????).  But the not sleeping for days sound like little bouts of mania - I dunno - if I were you I would be bugging my doc to investigate a bit.... 

You might want to figure out how all this can be regulated soon.  If possible.  Just because I think a student on a student schedule can compensate for these irregular hours but if you are looking at 9-5 work for after graduation, well we can't really function all that well at work if we are on sleepless jags, for example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version