Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Human Growth Hormone/Testosterone

(1/4) > >>

TheRoof:
HIV has one thing that I am not the biggest fan of. HGH/Test reductions. (There are numerous studies of that.)

It is scary how expensive HGH is. A while ago I got tested for testosterone levels. - The typical male testosterone level is between 250ng/dl to 850 ng/dl
I had 200-ish. (I do not remember the free-floating testosterone level)
I was 20 years old. (When I had that test.) The average forty-five year old male has about 600 ng/dl of Test. 

Having low testosterone levels this LOVE feels like you are not a man. I did get depressed about that.
  I felt I had problems. ("Something was off') I got tested for it. I was not surprised.  Thank God I am 6'1  and pretty-lean. BUT I do suffer from fatigue/brain fog and tiredness.
I am sure it is to hormone imbalance to the max. (or it may be all those antidepressants I took in the past that completely fucked my body/brain up. I regret it now)
Currently I am 22.  The doc said my testosterone level is fine. (I spoke to two other professionals they said this is not normal)

My doctor does not want to prescribe me anything because he says "I am too young". There are 17 year olds at my gym that are already doing anabolics. Granted they may not be HIV positive.
 I understand the doctor. If I was 18-19 I would get the point since I am still "growing" I guess.
I have been trying to watch my diet. High fat, High Protein, Lower Carbs. (Is what a friend recommended) and stick mostly to compound exercises. Hopefully that made a "dent"

Anyone who has expertise in this area what would you recommend? My doctor tells me I don't need it because of my age.
(I am happy to answer any other questions you may ask about this topic)

mecch:
Hello
1)  Edit your post. Take out the big blank space.  I read you post and didn't see that you asked a question, because it looks like a avatar tag, not part of text.

2) If some other doctors are willing to explore the testosterone question with you, as you report, why not make appointments with them.  Or was this offhand comments by doctors who were not paid to be treating you? 
Testosterone therapy has a LOT of downsides so your one doctor is being conservative in saying your low normal is OK.  All you can really do is doctor shop and see if another wants to initiate therapy.  Don't be tempted to do it like the weight lifters in the gym - outside medical supervision.  Please...

peer_gynt:
Hey!
I wanna get tested for Testosterone levels too. Did you ask for it to your doctor?.
Do you go to the UMC? (I am also in Tucson), I just wanna know to see if it was easy to ask for that test to your physician over there.
Thanks!
Best
-C

TheRoof:

--- Quote from: peer_gynt on July 24, 2012, 05:08:34 PM ---Hey!
I wanna get tested for Testosterone levels too. Did you ask for it to your doctor?.
Do you go to the UMC? (I am also in Tucson), I just wanna know to see if it was easy to ask for that test to your physician over there.
Thanks!
Best
-C

--- End quote ---

I go to the UMC too to get my work done. Ask them to test your thyroid too! (It is all correlated) How old are you in context to get T-Levels checked out? Have you experienced any "sympthoms." of notice?

--- Quote from: mecch on July 04, 2012, 08:11:35 AM ---Hello If some other doctors are willing to explore the testosterone question with you, as you report, why not make appointments with them.  Or was this offhand comments by doctors who were not paid to be treating you? 
Testosterone therapy has a LOT of downsides so your one doctor is being conservative in saying your low normal is OK.  All you can really do is doctor shop and see if another wants to initiate therapy.  Don't be tempted to do it like the weight lifters in the gym - outside medical supervision.  Please...

--- End quote ---

I should point this out...
I was offered a high-quality Oil-Based T-Steroid. Which is prescription based by a doctor for a very decent price. (My workout partner is big on roids. He can lift more, but in 3 weeks it' looks like he has gotten an improvement of a YEARS effort) His diet is horrendous. He eats fast-food every night. Before he was chubby-muscular. Now he has a six-pack with a V-torso. Yet he never does cardio. (Ever) Now he looks like a Greek Muscle Daddy.

This is how he KIND OF looked like before. (Not him, but body type)
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/bc7/a98/bc7a98a3-4936-4f41-a4d0-dfa21aee1b13

This is literally 3-4 weeks latter. (Another person. But same body)
http://www.woofhunt.com/userpics/2009/Muscle-Daddy-and-Hairy-Muscular-Men-1-009.jpg

It definitely made me want to get the stuff, but I didn't. Stuck to hard work. Strict diet.     Nada.     (He is also HIV Positive)      (I am 22 years old. He is 47.)

WillyWump:
I agree with your doc, you are too young for Testo...jsut because the guys in the gym are doing it without medical supervision does not mean it is ok for you. 200 is just slightly low, I wouldnt make any rash judgements about starting you really dont want to start scewing with your hormones at your age. Testo has alot of side effects, trust me I know. I've been injecting it for 2 years. I get bumps on my forehead and shoulders, my nuts are the size of grapes, the hair loss, and it can be mentally taxing with all the up and downs between injections. It's all very lovely.

I'm 44, when I started my level was 32, I have never gone above 250. What I wouldnt give to have a level of 200 and NOT have to shoot up.

-W

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version