POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 02:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647555
  • Total Topics: 49344
  • Online Today: 205
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 143
Total: 145

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Losing Grip  (Read 2027 times)

Offline KINGRT

Losing Grip
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »
this person came on top of me and used his cum to give me a handjob (not sure if i have cuts,but probably none), i gave him also a blowjob but he didnt cum (although possibly pre cum) one month later i started to have mouth sores which healed after a week and now i started to have rashes in my underarm.

around december last yr i had a handjob from a masseuse and also had sores after.

im concerned cause i get really bad mouth sores whenever i have one.

the only time i had anal sex (im the TOP) was last 2009 and 2010 (twice) and didnt cum inside also.

im getting neurotic about things for quite sometime already and its affecting my daily work.

HELP?? :((

Offline RapidRod

Re: possible symptoms , scared to death
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »
Hanjobs isn't a risk but if you had unprotect anal sex it is a risk.

Offline KINGRT

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
even if i was top? and didnt came?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
HIV is a fragile virus. Sexually the only confirmed risks for its transmission are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

Whether you cum inside of someone is irrelevant in terms of risk to you. If you had unprotected anal sex then you ought to get tested. Testing should be at 3 months after the most recent such incident for a conclusive negative result.

The risk is greater for the receptive partner but there is definitely risk for the unprotected insertive partner as well. So if you have been having unprotected anal sex in the past stop doing that. Whoever is putting it in needs to be wearing a condom. Everytime. No exceptions.

Nothing else you are reporting of sexual play put you at risk for HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline KINGRT

Re: PEP and testing
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
sorry for this, but what is PEP? and also, im nearing 2 months since my last contact, can i get tested already? thanks!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: PEP and testing
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »
PEP is a treatment begun with 48-72 hours after a risky sexual exposure, specifically unprotected vaginal and/or anal intercourse without a condom.

As you have already been told, you don't need to test because you have not had a risk for HIV. Despite what your mind and fears may be telling you to the contrary.

So testing for you is strictly for your peace of mind. You can do it anytime and pick up the inevitable negative result.

HIV is not a problem for you at this time. Let it go and get on with your life is my strong suggestion.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
Kingrt,

I removed your post from someone else's thread and placed it here in your own thread, which is the only place you are permitted to post. Make sure you read and abide by our posting rules in the Welcome Thread - which you should have read before posting.

The only possible risk you have reported is the anal intercourse in 2009 and 2010 - and that was ONLY a risk if you did not use condoms. You can test at any time for a conclusive result. Nothing else you reported was a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline KINGRT

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 12:04:52 AM »
unfortunately as ive recalled it was unprotected abut no exchange of semen :( is it possible that im showing acute/primary symptoms just now? (1-2 years after) and how long does the one survive if left undiagnosed and not treated?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 07:44:13 AM »
King,

No, primary infection refers to the first month or so of infection and the symptoms - which don't always happen - are symptoms of the process the body goes through while producing antibodies. They're not symptoms of the virus itself.

Just gather your balls together and go test already. You won't be permitted to use this forum as a place to fret about testing or fret about whatever. Just go test and get it over with. If you post again to say anything other than you got tested and this was your result, you'll be given a time out. GO. TEST.

Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline KINGRT

Losing Grip
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 07:03:08 AM »
after weeks of reading thru this site, and googling all the symptoms ive finally had the courage to have myself tested yesterday

although they said it will take 2-3days for the result, i try to call today to check, because being a medtech i knew that a test does not take 2 days, to my surprise the operators sounded very disturbed, at some point even sighed whenever i asked. its too obvious.

although recent contacts may have been not arisk, an unprotected anal sex back in january of 2010 (im the top, no exchange of semen) also he tried to penetrate me but didnt push thru is definitely a risk and whenever i think about the sequelae of symptoms indeed i could be infected.

aside from flu / flu like symptoms that ive possibly missed to notice from then until now, whats most remarkable is i started to have recurrent fungal infection at my back and for some time i do get severe seborrheic dermatitis, it will tone done only because i drink ketoconazole but up to now i still get them, recurrent. and all literatures ive read fungal just means immunocompromised

also whenever i do get flu, i get the worse ones for the first year and probably i developed antibodies already thats why the flu is lessen. i also get rashes/ or red spots every morning. and worse mouth sores.

towards half last year, i became lazier and want to sleep more and already having a hard time to study

my only reservations is that it could be due to much moist since i perspire to much and dandruff could be  stress induced. but the soon i heard the voices of the operators i knew its the end of everything. (i thought it was strrictly confidential)

so tomorrow, ill probably get a call and NOW im losing grip wanting to end all of this, writing goodbye letters :(

25 years, im just about to finish medschool and this happens. KILL ME.

Offline KINGRT

Re: Losing Grip
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:09 AM »
and now  i have flu and extreme headache, just done crying my heart out, no one to tell.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 08:50:10 AM »
King,

I've merged the new thread you started in the I Just Tested Positive into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions.

You are NOT permitted to test in the I Just Tested Positive forum - you have NOT just tested positive. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

With the exception of the “Am I Infected?” and “Off Topic” Forums, the AIDSmeds.com Forums are intended for people who have been diagnosed with HIV (or their loved ones/caregivers).  If you are questioning or unaware of your HIV status, please refrain from posting messages or questions in the Forums intended for HIV-positive people.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please consider yourself warned!

Cut the drama. You are very unlikely to test positive over the BRIEF, lower-end risks you've reported.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline KINGRT

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »
unfortunately or fortunately i managed to find my planner last 2010 and true enough i got sick 2 weeks after my last sexual contact, flu /fever and abdominal pain. i believe that was window period. in a few hours ill be havin my results, and now im just in disbelief that a one time thing can totally end my life.

for 2 yrs i felt i was normal. i dunno what to do, this will bring such disappointmen and sadness on my family. :(

ways to kill myself?please?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 06:48:40 PM »
Oh for chrissake, cut out the suicide drama will you please. What an insult your comments are to all of those here living with HIV every day of their lives. And if you are really inclined to off yourself, then go over to an emergency room at any hospital and tell them what you are up to.

I agree with Ann. You are very likely going to test negative.

Andy Velez

Offline KINGRT

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
dont get me wrong, ann and andy, but im not talking about the hand job incident or oral sex incident last month anymore. im talking about my unprotected anal sex last 2010. have you read everything i typed?

i dont mean to insult anyone for this matter. really.  although im very sorry if thats how it came out. few more hours till the lab opens. i am MORE than hopefull that you guys are correct, but obviously my odds just got higher.

now i can totally recall what happened 2 yrs back.

january 2. 2010 unprotected anal sex (TOP) for relatively a long period, partner also tried to penetrate but didnt pursue. no cumming

2 weeks after really bad fever/flu/abdominal pain

since then, i'd get occcasional flu/fever/mouthsores and other symptoms

fungal rashes at my back and severe seborrheic keratitis up to date

just had tested last yesterday, called in to check results, assistan sighed/ sounded disturbed and said wait for 2days. my partner then is avoiding me and not answering my calls.

you guys have been very encouraging and im thankfull, but yeah. i. need. help.

again, didnt mean to insult anyone andy. im sorry

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 07:06:36 AM »
King,

Yeah, we know what you were talking about. You topped once without a condom. You are highly unlikely to end up positive over that one time. Now cut the drama. And stop with the suicide talk. As Andy says, it's highly insulting.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline KINGRT

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »
GOT MY RESULTS FINALLY.
i couldnt take the wait

i had a rapid HIV test = single line on control (which i believe is negative?)
and also
my ImmunoAssay for antibody HIV 1 & 2 says = NONREACTIVE

please enlighten me

summer 2008 - oral sex
early 2009 - top unprotected
september 2009- partner attempts to penetrate me
january 2, 2010 - Top unprotected, partner also tried to bottom me but didnt penetrate
january 2012 - handjob from masseuse
May 4, 2012 - handjob using my partner's cum as lub, oral sex possible precum

i had the Immunoassay for the HIV done last June 30 2012 ( roughly 8 weeks?) and rapid test today July 2, 2012

i still have flu, cough colds today and rashes. should i get tested after 3
 mos? 6 mos?

enlighten me, THANKS

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 11:06:45 AM »
Since you are basically testing for a one-time risk years ago, you can consider that negative result to be definitive. You are HIV negative.

Stop the drama and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »
King,

I deleted the post you made in a thread in the I Just Tested Positive forum. You are NOT permitted to post anywhere other than here in your own thread.

You do not have hiv. You are more than conclusively hiv negative.

I'm giving you a time out. There's nothing more we can do for you here.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.