Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Not the same after 3 years diagnosed

<< < (2/3) > >>

mecch:
Saun, you are a young man, all things considered.
Do you work?  You said all you do is sit around the house.
You are going to need some new projects that will return some enthusiasm and rewards into your life, going forward.  Of course, if you are depressed, its hard to see that. 
May I ask what are the plans to break away from living with your ex?

daddysgirl87:
hey shaun,
listen i know exactly were u are coming from. although i personally am not poz my father was and he was my best friend. he lived with hiv/aids for almost 20 years and passed away this passed july. My dad was very depressed for along time for all the same reasons u are. he also had a hard time with his partner for the first couple years but in the end they were together up until the day he passed away. yes sex can be more complicated now but if ur safe and educated on ur illness u will be just fine. the meds can take a huge toll on ur body but staying on the couch all day, although easier, isnt going to make u happy. start small with something u like to do and progress from there. my dad liked to garden and relax in his yard. its not much but its something. go for short walks and try to see the beauty of the world that is still there.Im sure u have people who love u and want to see u happy but mostly u should love urself enough to want to be happy. yes ur life is different and it always will be but its not over. My dad was very happy for along time but sadly he did take his own life due to the depression and complications towards the end because he lost hope. DONT LOSE HOPE! i miss my father more than anything id give my own life just to bring him back, the pain is unbarible most of the time...dont cause ur loved ones that pain. i promise u will find happiness if u choose u want it. i wish u all the luck in the world my friend, stay strong and dont give up.

mecch:
Daddysgirl - there is no indication the OP has any problem whatsoever with HAART.

It is not often true these days that HAART tales a "huge toll" on the body.

The OP does not consider that he is living with his partner, but rather, his EX. 

I am so sorry you lost your dad. Please try not to project his experience on others.

drewm:
Hi Shaun...

Therapy. That's it in a nutshell. Sounding off to a therapist can help steer through these issues. I see mine on a regular basis.

Rockin:

--- Quote from: mecch on August 22, 2012, 10:41:27 PM ---Daddysgirl - there is no indication the OP has any problem whatsoever with HAART.

It is not often true these days that HAART tales a "huge toll" on the body.

The OP does not consider that he is living with his partner, but rather, his EX. 

I am so sorry you lost your dad. Please try not to project his experience on others.

--- End quote ---

Its pretty amazing how HAART is generally demonized by people who are not taking them.

I don't blame you Daddysgirl, I think there is a lot of misinformation and misconceptions about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version