Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

First Human Study of HIV Vaccine Vacc-C5 to begin

<< < (2/9) > >>

Rockin:
Personally I'm not waiting for a vaccine. It seems such a sophisticated solution for our current medical scenario. They can't even come up with a vaccine for, I don't know, herpes! for God's sake...I'm skeptic.

I'm more hopeful for some new medication that you don't have to take every day, for instance.

"Here, just once a week and you'll be fine".

That would be pretty awesome indeed.

Skydrake:

--- Quote ---It seems such a sophisticated solution
--- End quote ---
Sophisticated?
See the zinc fingers gene theraphy by a lentiviral vector of Sangamo. It isn't simple to change the DNA in the lymphocytes of an adult

Rockin:

--- Quote from: Skydrake on July 04, 2012, 01:04:17 AM ---Sophisticated?
See the zinc fingers gene theraphy by a lentiviral vector of Sangamo. It isn't simple to change the DNA in the lymphocytes of an adult

--- End quote ---

What I meant was....I find it very hard to believe we will go from 6 pills a day to a vaccine just like that. Im pretty sure Im gonna be an old person and die and there will be no vaccine.

Dr.Strangelove:

--- Quote from: Rockin on July 03, 2012, 03:52:08 PM --- They can't even come up with a vaccine for, I don't know, herpes! for God's sake...I'm skeptic.

--- End quote ---

Herpes is not life threatening. So, it's not a big surprise that they don't pour millions and millions of Dollars into developing a vaccine.

TheRoof:

--- Quote from: Rockin on July 03, 2012, 03:52:08 PM ---Personally I'm not waiting for a vaccine. It seems such a sophisticated solution for our current medical scenario. They can't even come up with a vaccine for, I don't know, herpes! for God's sake...I'm skeptic.

I'm more hopeful for some new medication that you don't have to take every day, for instance.

"Here, just once a week and you'll be fine".

That would be pretty awesome indeed.

--- End quote ---

I honestly thought the same thing. - BUT I remember my doctor said "By age forty, 90% of people have herpes virus in their system" Yet most majority live on to old ripe age.  (I don't know what type of herpes, but I assume the typical mouth sores type aka. from stress flareups.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version