Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

First Human Study of HIV Vaccine Vacc-C5 to begin

<< < (8/9) > >>

hubsen:
I had my 4th injection on December 6th. Next boost (4 of them) will be administrated on January 22nd with 2 weeks in between. So far I feel great. I will know the results of my blood work on the 22nd - I will post then. Happy New Year!!!

Jmarksto:
Hey Hubsen; 

Thanks for the update.  In looking at your numbers it looks like your CD4 are climbing nicely, which is great.  I also recognize it is not all about the numbers, so, I hope all else is well for you too.

and....Happy New Year to you, and every one else, as well!

JM

YoungandConcerned:

--- Quote from: hubsen on December 28, 2012, 10:20:51 AM ---I had my 4th injection on December 6th. Next boost (4 of them) will be administrated on January 22nd with 2 weeks in between. So far I feel great. I will know the results of my blood work on the 22nd - I will post then. Happy New Year!!!

--- End quote ---

Any update on this? Very interesting.

geobee:
Hey Hubsen --  thanks for posting all of this... and congrats on the rising T-Cells.  They can bounce around a lot but it's always good when the bounce is up!

So, they're going to be looking for ABs in the blood work? That would make sense.  Somewhere on this board is the thread about the two guys that had stem cell transplants while on meds.  They're ABs are declining, which is suggesting that the stem cell transplants may have cured them (the transplants were NOT from non-CCR5 donors, which is interesting).  I'm assuming that they are looking at the same measure (declining ABs, hopefully) in you.

Very cool!  And thanks again for keeping us up to date.

hubsen:
Hi everyone,
As mentioned this is a phase I trial - primarily to decide and secure the dose of the vaccine. My doctor will tell me more about the outcome once the trial is finished (sometimes in May this year).
So far it is a very promising treatment method with minimal side effects.
According to the blood work results - the vaccine is probably showing to be effective.

The time is too short to tell if it brigs the desired effect or not.

I received 3rd round (2 vaccines in 2 weeks) couple of weeks ago and blood work test were taken last Tuesday.
I will post the update as soon as I know..

Take care and hold your thumbs :-)   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version