Main Forums > Positive Women

Will I ever be a mom?

<< < (3/5) > >>

idee:
http://www.lovepositive.com/

Positivelyhopeful:
Thanks Idee. You are truly an angel.

jenlynnjohnson24:
Hi, I am a 36yo hiv+ woman , diagnosed in feb 2008 . I am 10wks pregnant right now. I will say that I am undetectable, and have been since April 2008. My husband, whom i married just last yr, obviously knows and gets tested regularly. I do not have to change my drug regimen but will have to take AZT during the birth, ans baby will have to take it for the first six wks. This is just my personal story, but I wanted to share it with you.

Positivelyhopeful:

--- Quote from: jenlynnjohnson24 on June 06, 2012, 12:18:14 PM ---Hi, I am a 36yo hiv+ woman , diagnosed in feb 2008 . I am 10wks pregnant right now. I will say that I am undetectable, and have been since April 2008. My husband, whom i married just last yr, obviously knows and gets tested regularly. I do not have to change my drug regimen but will have to take AZT during the birth, ans baby will have to take it for the first six wks. This is just my personal story, but I wanted to share it with you.

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much for your response and wonderful story. I wish you all the best in your marriage, pregnancy and subsequent motherhood. I hope I will be as blessed as you are and find the deep rooted love that looks beyond imperfections. I am genuinely happy for you. Kindly keep me posted as you journey through pregnancy. Believe it or not I anxiously await the fetal movements and sleepless nights. I know, I'm crazy.

poshealthy2000:
Hi Positively hopeful,
Never give up!!! I am 37 have been positive since 2000 , Have been very lucky have been healthy I  am on treatment and viral load undetectable.
I have tried to remain hopefull and positive over the years  but have often felt as you do that my dreams of meeting someone special and becoming a mum would never come true.!!
After a couple of unsuccessful relationships, 3 years ago I met my now hubby , he is negative and totally supportive. I am 12 weeks pregnant and over the moon!!!!! I never dreamed I would get here!!
You are young please stay strong ! the right person is out there for you - be carefull not to pick wrong one just because they accept your status ( a mistake I have made in past!) your day will come ! remember you are the same wonderful person as before u got yr status and the right man will appreciate that ! Good luck take care  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version