Off Topic Forums > Forums Gatherings

Where To Start?

(1/3) > >>

Joe K:
Dear Family,

This is possibly the most difficult post I have ever written, for so many reasons.  After much juggling and balancing the books, there is just no way I can afford to go to Montreal for AMG 06.  Actually, I know I can go because all I need to do is post my need ...  but you know how cruel pride can be sometimes.  So i find myself on the horns of a dilemma.

Being on the Grants Committee, I now find myself in need of help to travel to Montreal and I can't do this through the committee and so I came to all of you.  I can't believe I am doing this, but I need Montreal very badly, for so, so many reasons.  And leave it to a good friend, to remind me that there is no shame in asking for help from your friends.

I need help with both my airfare and hotel.  We found one flight for $305 that works great but there's not enough Grants money left to cover the flight.  Then there is the hotel, but hopefully I can just double up with someone.  Thanks in advance for what I know you will all do for me.

(I suppose this is one of those "defining moments" in ones' life, difficult, yet very sweet.)

kcmetroman:
NONSENSE!

Joe, you have been here for so many of us....And one of the major reasons that Trish and I are going.....We can figure out something.

heartforyou:
Joe,

you have been here for us.
We will work it out for you.

If we all put in a litlle it will will fill the basket.

Hermie

joemutt:
I agree withKCmetroman and Herman,
I dont think I will be going myself but
if you have Paypal drop me a PM with your accountname,
I will help you,pal. 8)

Moffie65:
WHERE TO FINISH!

Well Joe,  Ask and you will receive.  I have a room for two, which has been generously provided by one of the members here, and I would be overjoyed to spend the time with you.  You have been one of the "Rocks" here, and what would it look like if we couldn't fix this for you.  I trust the airfare will be provided somehow, but the room is reserved from the 16th to the 23rd, and it is a double room, so there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a few days, Alan/doyourowndamndishes, might be sharing also, but we can fit three very well.  Besides, I know we can think of somehting to talk about together.

In Love and Support. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version