Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Friday

(1/1)

ImagineFL:
Friday, 5AM Eastern Standard Time (Sorry, almost broke out into some Rent lyrics)   ;)

Friday turned out to be a weird day for me.  I woke up at 5AM and got online to check to see if my paycheck was deposited.  Bonus, I got shit on twice... the pigeon shit (paycheck) and the eagle shit (social security).   ;D

So I showered, went to Starbucks for some joe and went back home to plot my day. I found a 250GB hard drive at Circuit City for $89 after rebates that would be perfect for my video rendering.  But something in my morning was missing, so I waited until 9AM and called my hair dresser and booked a nooner and called my masseuse for a half hour session.  Both worked for them.   :)

I went and had a nice half hour session, concentrating on my neck area, left feeling refreshed and headed down to Circuit City to pick up my hard drive that I had ordered online the previous nice.  I got that and arrived at the hair salon 10 minutes late, typical fag.   :P  Luckily, Zeque my hairdresser was running 20 minutes late.

I spend two and a half hours there, getting cut, waxed and my tips down, and of course, lots of gossip.  From there I went to Mystic Tan (as seen on the current Real World) for a quick spray on tan to match my new hair.

What fun, I totally pampered myself!  I needed a day like this for a long time. 

After the fake tan, I went to Keith's (a Tampa Bar) for my usual daily drinks and had a ball there.  I stayed a couple of hours and went home.  After dinner and a couple of hours with my dog, I decided to go back for rounds two (cuter bartenders are on second shift, and of course, the strippers).

About five miles from the bar, I got a call.  You know, one of those numbers that show up on your caller ID that you dread... the number that shouldn't be calling that late.   I saw the name come up "Just Jack" and my stomach sank.  I answered it and got the news that I suspected, our friend Terry had passed away about an hour ago, at home with some family and friends with him.

I think I have talked to some others here from Tampa, and you might know Terry Becker.  He owned Keith's for years before he sold it.  He was a daily regular there and I am SO lucky that I found that little bar when I moved to Florida two years ago.  I am truly blessed to have known such a great, kind man.  His celebration of life will be held Thursday from 2-4 PM at Keith's.

Sorry for the ramble... my fingers just had too much pent up energy tonight.

Patrick

Teresa:
Im so sorry for the loss your friend.

Hugs
Teresa

ImagineFL:
Thanks, Teresa... we all knew it was coming and had prepared for it.  At least his long suffering with emphysema is over and he is in a better place.

Take care,
Patsy

cmhjeff:
Gay time :)  You can break out into Rent anytime! Love Rent!  Sorry to hear about your friend Terry. :(
Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version