HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Condom slipped off

(1/1)

Jay_d2779:
Hello.  I am very glad I found this board.  After reading a few posts, I know for a fact I will definitely get tested in 12 weeks.

However, it would really ease my mind if someone could answer my question.

While having vaginal sex, my partner was on top and was kind of in control.  I had an orgasm first, and then she climaxed immediately after.  During the very brief time until her climax, I remained inside her.  Since I myself climaxed, I became soft.  Upon removing my penis from her, I noticed the condom slipped off.

Here is my question...  How likely are the chances that I contracted the HIV Virus?  I honestly do not know whether or not she even has HIV.  But if she did, I was just wondering what the chances were...

I will still be very worried until I have a test, which won't be for another 3 months, but it will help a little if I know I wasn't at a "high" risk of contracting the virus.

Thanks you very much for your time.

J

Matty the Damned:
J,

The chances of you having contracted HIV from this event are very, very low. HIV is not an easy virus to transmit, epsecially from female to male. In addition you would have been protected until the condom came off. However, very low risk is not the same as no risk and HIV is nothing to guess about so you do need to test. Have an HIV antibody test performed 13 weeks after this event.

All sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least twice a year. STD's such as chlamydia and gonnorhoea are much more common and infectious than HIV. A full screen will include an HIV antibody test. If it's been a while since your last full screen or if you've not had one before you should make an appointment to see your doctor or with your local clinic.

You should also take the time to Welcome Thread to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Regards,

MtD

Jay_d2779:
Thanks a lot for the reply.  I should have read that before posting... I apoligize.

Thanks again, and I will be post again in 3 months or so after I take a test.

Matty the Damned:
It's cool Jay, I'm glad I was able to help. I should also add that it's important to withdraw from your lucky lover before you lose your stiffy. That way you won't leave the condom behind. ;)

MtD

Ann:
Jay,

It sounds to me like you were never in her unprotected. The condom will usually slip off during withdrawal if you 1 - stay inside until you go soft and 2 - don't hold on to the base of the condom as you withdraw. Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can know how to use condoms correctly from start to finish and avoid scaring yourself like this in future.

I really do think you've got nothing to worry about. However, testing is the smart thing to do and here's why: Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version