POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 04:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 24265
  • Latest: Ngthy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650090
  • Total Topics: 49623
  • Online Today: 218
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: fyi LOGO: Positive Youth  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
fyi LOGO: Positive Youth
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
Right now (started at 4 PM EST) there's a show called "Positive Youth" about young people who were just diagnosed with HIV and what is was like for them, how they dealt with it, etc.

It's also on again this Friday at 2 PM EST. (Today is the third showing so as usual I'm Tardy To The Party :P

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy78-OvVpyE

https://www.facebook.com/PositiveYouthDoc

http://www.logotv.com/video/positive-youth/1685036/playlist.jhtml#vid=767960
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:12:12 PM by Miss Philicia »
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline tednlou2

Re: fyi LOGO: Positive Youth
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:43:16 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  Didn't know about this series.  I felt connected to Jesse, who was debating whether to start meds.  The video kept freezing up--not sure if that was the website or whether it really is time to buy a new laptop.  So, I'm not sure whether he said what his current numbers are, but it sounded like he was still in good shape.  I thought Dr. Zsa Zsa was trying to scare him into starting meds. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »
There were a handful of times when I shook my head and thought the information was wrong or not thought out. I should have jotted them down because I can't recall the particulars. Still, one would think there would be more shows like this on LOGO.

And dutifully they included Frank "Glamour Girl" Spinelli, M.D.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline csguy1

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
Thanks Miss Philicia for information. For those who missed it you can catch it on OnDemand @ least on Timewarner cable. Watching it as we speak.

Offline surf18

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:49:10 AM »
yep thanks miss p , i too caught it the other day on time warner on demand too.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »
We don't gedt LOGO up here in the hills.  Apparently, they don't think there's enough homos in God's country to justify it, so you have to order it individually as a premium station.  No way I would do that.  It doesn't seem to be much more than RuPaul's Drag Race played on a loop with a ton of commercials thrown in.

When I was down in ATL proper a few years back and LOGO premiered, it started out seemingly very watered down at the outset, falling way short of what it could be.  Seems like it's gone down hill from there.  We currently have it on up here as a "preview" opportunity, and it's not even holding my attention in passing.

This show you're talking about sound pretty decent, though.  Eventually, someone will post it to YT.  I'll watch it then.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.