POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 26, 2014, 10:04:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650445
  • Total Topics: 49659
  • Online Today: 166
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: First labs since starting Complera.  (Read 1176 times)

Offline MoMorrison

First labs since starting Complera.
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »
Hey everyone. I just wanted to give a little update as to everything that is going on with me and my journey with this virus. I had blood drawn on 5-24-12 and had my follow up with my doctor today (5-30-12) for my results. So here they are:

Pre medication labs:
3/20/12: VL 46,000 / CD4 133 (10%)

Post medication labs:
5/24/12: VL 53 / CD4 255 (17%)

I have been taking Complera since April 4, 2012. My doctor says that she is very impressed with my numbers. I have also been taking Bactrim DS since March 28, 2012 and my doctor says it's ok to stop taking it now, however it's totally up to me if I want to just finish whatever I have left of it. Any advice from you guys on this? I am really on a high right now because I did not expect this much of a change in my numbers. I hope that this helps me with my anxiety as far as keeping negative thoughts out of my head. That's another monster that I want to conquer and defeat! There you have it everyone. I am totally happy with my numbers today and I just want to do everything possible to stay healthy. Wishing you all the best. :)
Jan 2011 Tested HIV positive
01/2011 CD4 189 / VL 79,000
03/20/2012 CD4 133 (10%) / VL 46,000
03/28/2012 started bactrim ds
04/04/2012 started complera
05/24/2012 CD4 255 (17%) / VL 53
06/25/2012 stopped bactrim ds

Offline sshortguy1

Re: First labs since starting Complera.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »
mo my friend and i have the same dr and scheduled the appts at the same time as mine ,,, i was with him and he was going through what you are taking bactrim. his cd4 was as low like yours then started atripla , his results gotten better. he asked if he could stop taking it since hes on atripla now . the dr said if you want to since your started hiv meds , he complained the chalky taste from it as you it's up to you ,  our dr said the exact same to him as yours did to u i'm not a dr and but just repeated what he told him when i was with him             

Offline Joe K

• Global Moderator
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
Hey Mo,

While your numbers are improving, your CD4s are pretty low and I'd stay with the Bactrim for now.  Your immune system is still adjusting and you don't want to risk any infections, that could cause your numbers to plummet.  I'd wait a few months, until you have a trend of improving or at least stable counts.

Joe

Offline Bbnb

• say Hi! I love to chat !
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »
My doctor likes my cd4 numbers to be at least 500 or more. 

You are heading in the right direction with your new meds.

Congrats on the positive news. 
Just looking to socialized with like minded people.

Offline MoMorrison

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »
Thank you for the replies guys. I have decided to continue on the Bactrim until I am completely done with them. I have one more refill left so after that then I guess that I will have no choice but to stop. I don't go back to see my doctor for another set of labs until August so God willing the trend will continue, my CD4 will have risen more and my VL will be undetectable.
Jan 2011 Tested HIV positive
01/2011 CD4 189 / VL 79,000
03/20/2012 CD4 133 (10%) / VL 46,000
03/28/2012 started bactrim ds
04/04/2012 started complera
05/24/2012 CD4 255 (17%) / VL 53
06/25/2012 stopped bactrim ds

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.