Main Forums > In Memoriam

MARIA PAPAGGIANDOU, pronounced dead

<< < (2/3) > >>

mecch:
yada yada yada.

I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if they're interested.  And crossing the span cures all that ails you and brings peace to the Middle East, as well.

They do heroically call themselves dissidents, I note.  But it seems a misnomer.

Ann:
This is so sad - another denialism-caused death that could have, should have been avoided. My heart goes out to her family. Such a waste!

It's always sad when another deluded hiv denialist inevitably dies. So many bright young people have been unnecessarily lost this way. What a shame.

It will be interesting to see how the denialists try to wiggle out of this one - they'll probably blame it on the ARVs she belatedly took. They always come up with some excuse or other as to why an hiv positive denialist has died - and they'll blame it on anything other than hiv. Idiots. Dangerous idiots.

--- Quote from: survivor703 on April 16, 2012, 01:13:37 PM ---
I will post more information and links as it becomes available.

--- End quote ---

Please be very careful that you do not include any links to denialist websites. We refuse to give the denialists a platform here in any way, shape or form - and any attempt to do so may result in being banned. Yes, we take it that seriously. Just be careful with your links, OK? Thanks. 

Anyone who is unfamiliar with hiv/aids denialists - and why they are dangerous and are not permitted a platform here - should read the aidstruth.org website.

mecch:

--- Quote from: Ann on April 17, 2012, 06:02:12 AM ---
It will be interesting to see how the denialists try to wiggle out of this one - they'll probably blame it on the ARVs she belatedly took.

--- End quote ---

Actually she took antiretrovirals for years and not the current ones.  Had a rough go of it.  Her book is all about stopping them and her great healing.  And yada yada how the drugs were going to kill her, and then of course all the fantasies denying HIV, AIDS, etc, to support her decision.  I think she had quite a run off the HAART.   The intellectual tragedy is the last ditch effort to "resort" to HAART again much too late. 

survivor703:
Hi Ann, I won't link to any denialist websites. I do not support them in any form or fashion...  The deaths that they have caused are really sad and shameful. Anyway, I'm sure aidstruth will probably say something about it eventually. I actually found out in a <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/mariahiv"> support group on facebook</a>. My good friend Maria Mejia made a post about. So saddening.

Ann:

--- Quote from: survivor703 on April 17, 2012, 11:21:57 AM ---Hi Ann, I won't link to any denialist websites. I do not support them in any form or fashion...

--- End quote ---

That's good to know, and thanks. As you're fairly new here, I wanted to make sure you were aware of our ban on denialist links. I didn't want you to inadvertently break our rules. :)

I also expect the aidstruth website will eventually add her to their lists of unfortunates who lost their lives due to believing denialist lies.

So sad, and so unnecessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version