POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 07:11:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 649721
  • Total Topics: 49588
  • Online Today: 158
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 137
Total: 141

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Clarity Eludes  (Read 907 times)

Offline Growler

Clarity Eludes
« on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:49 AM »
Went for the return visit at the HIV clinic today. CD4 count back up in the normal range (510) and viral load down to 28,000.
Jumped on the scales and I'd lost another 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks.  Dr examined me and detected a new heart murmur.  Add to that to the worsening abdomen pain, shortness of breath and episodic blurring of vision in my left eye and I just feel confused about it all.
I had more blood taken today and I'm to submit new faecal samples. Also booked in for a CT scan,  heart ultrasound and I go back to the clinic in 3 weeks and hopefully find out what the fuck is happening to me.

I'm now sitting quietly in the park slowly savouring a VERY expensive selection of hand made chocolate and I intend to eat them all.

GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Clarity Eludes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
I hope they find out what's going on soon. Be sure to keep us posted.

Have you found new digs yet? A little Australian bird told me that it's been getting pretty cold outside lately - hope you're keeping warm and dry.

BTW, you should share those choccies. Pig. Hmph.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Growler

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »
Sorry was having a bad day.
Haven't found anywhere yet and to be honest I haven't been looking. I'm just too tired to pull my finger out and so spend alot of time sleeping. But I'm doing ok,  and yes staying warm and dry.
The chocolates (and I almost forgot to mention the packet of peanut brittle) were devine. Gave me a stomach ache and the runs but was so worth it and at the least I had no issues collecting the poo sample to take to pathology tomorrow:)

GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »
Gave me a stomach ache and the runs but was so worth it and at the least I had no issues collecting the poo sample to take to pathology tomorrow :)

That's mah boy, always look on the bright side! :D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »

You've really had a rough go at it.  I hope they find out what's causing all this, you deserve some relief.   Good luck.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »
Sending positive energy your way and you get some relief soon.  It is so good you're getting everything seen about.  All the best! 

Offline Growler

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »
In order to understand what's been happening, I've been working with my therapist and undergoing regressive false memory therapy and I now finally have some answers. Apparently everything can be directly linked to my actions in a past life. It turns out I lived in Europe in the early 20th century and when I was a teenager I was in relationship with a bohemian artist whom I left for a cute Jewish boy. To be honest with you he was a bit of a control freak and really not a very good painter and so had little chance of making a career of it and since my only talent was my Scandinavian good looks, I needed a boy with prospects. Turns out my artist friend didn't cope well with rejection, in fact he was devastated. He ended up giving up painting,  had a little break down and even spent some time in jail. Later apparently he did come good my therapist tells me and made himself a career in politics but that said he stuffed that one up too.  Poor boy had no sense of diplomacy and couldn't get along with his neighbours. Last was heard of him he'd moved to Brazil which made no sense to me since he hated the hot weather.  So remember kiddies, break a boys heart and it could come back to haunt you in another life.
GROWLER

PS: Apparently also in this past life l made my living euthanasing EXCEPTIONALLY cute puppies and in my spare time I wrote songs, one of which was rediscovered in the early 90s and was responsible for launching the career of Billy Ray Cyrus, starting the boot scooting craze and subsequently the career of Milly Cyrus........ Sorry!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.