HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Risk of Infection

<< < (2/5) > >>

neri:
Thnaks again..

Sorry but  I have to post one more time..

It has been about  8 weeks now.. I went to a doctor -2 weeks ago beucasue I was having swollen glands and stoamch issues mainly gass and bloating.
I also developed what the doctor caleld geographical tongue, which I never had before..
doctor gave me some antibodies for the swollen glands and they went away for a while.. just came back..
thorat feels like I have soemthing stuck int it and stilll gassy /burpy.. still have the tongue issue ( little white rings that grow out and turn pinkish -tongue has a hiary fungus on it..
I know you state the there never has been a case if HIV reported thru insertive oral sex.. has this in fact been documented / studies perfromed..
I calleld the GMHC (-800-243-7692) and they adivsed that there is a risk factor involved but it is slight.. The CDC advises same as well as well as some local HIV support centers I called..

So since it has been 8 weeks is it to early to get tested for HIV and other STD's.. or should I wait another 4 weeks..
If one can''t get HIV do you know of other std's  I could have received.. I have not developed any sores or discharger from my penis..I do have some slight itching around my stoamch pelvic area.. small little bumps come and go.
Coulduld this be LGV, Herpes or some other STDlike chlymidia. or trich..

Do you know of any testing facilities that perfom annonymous testing.. by this I mean that they do not report your name to the Dept. of Health..
again sorry to trouble you with my worries but you all seem knowledgeable in this area..

neri:

--- Quote from: neri on October 06, 2006, 11:38:45 AM ---Thnaks again..

Sorry but  I have to post one more time..

It has been about  8 weeks now.. I went to a doctor -2 weeks ago beucasue I was having swollen glands and stoamch issues mainly gass and bloating.
I also developed what the doctor caleld geographical tongue, which I never had before..
doctor gave me some antibodies for the swollen glands and they went away for a while.. just came back..
thorat feels like I have soemthing stuck int it and stilll gassy /burpy.. still have the tongue issue ( little white rings that grow out and turn pinkish -tongue has a hiary fungus on it..
I know you state the there never has been a case if HIV reported thru insertive oral sex.. has this in fact been documented / studies perfromed..
I calleld the GMHC (-800-243-7692) and they adivsed that there is a risk factor involved but it is slight.. The CDC advises same as well as well as some local HIV support centers I called..

So since it has been 8 weeks is it to early to get tested for HIV and other STD's.. or should I wait another 4 weeks..
If one can''t get HIV do you know of other std's  I could have received.. I have not developed any sores or discharger from my penis..I do have some slight itching around my stoamch pelvic area.. small little bumps come and go.
Coulduld this be LGV, Herpes or some other STDlike chlymidia. or trich..

Do you know of any testing facilities that perfom annonymous testing.. by this I mean that they do not report your name to the Dept. of Health..
again sorry to trouble you with my worries but you all seem knowledgeable in this area..

--- End quote ---

RapidRod:
Read the "Welcome" thread. You'll find the answers there.

Andy Velez:
Neri, there's never been a single documented case of transmission through someone receiving a blowjob and I feel confident in saying you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. It's one of the most common of sexual activities and if there was any real risk we would have known it long before today.

When GMHC or the CDC call it a "slight risk" they are simply covering their butts because anytime anyone has sex other than with their own hand there is theoretically the possibility of risk. But in the real world of HIV transmission just doesn't happen this way.

Other STDs are a separate matter. Some of them can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact so if you have any concerns about symptoms you should discuss that with your doctor. From what you have reported I expect he's already taken any such possibilities into consideration but you can double check with him just to be certain.

In terms of HIV testing the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who will seroconvert will occur betwen 4-6 weeks after an exposure to HIV. So a negative result at say 8 weeks is more than encouraging. The CDC does recommend testing for a definitive answer at 13 weeks. This is only general information because I don't see any need for you to get tested, although I suspect you are sufficiently worked up about the issue to want the reassurance of a negative test result.

As a guy having sex with another guy for the first time and taking into consideration your marital & family status, your reaction overall seems to be about guilt and other feelings rather than any basis in HIV science to be concerned. If you continue to be troubled you might consider seeing a therapist or other like professional to sort out feelings about what's going on.

Toss and turn as you may, this is not an HIV situation.

Really.

neri:
Thank you for your respnse..

BUt I am still curious on a few things

1) what is the difference between Oral Thrush and Geograhic tongue..
It seems doctor told me I have geographic time but it only developed after insertive ora lsex.. I still have hair ball in the back of my throat and stoamce bloating and itching on my side.. also frequent urge to urinate even after going within 5 minutes.. not signs of sores or discharge arpund the penis orthigh areas,,
I did not mnetiion to my doctor my ordeal ...

2) I plan to be tested in a few weeks for HIV .. are their annonymous testing sites in NYc / NJ area where they don't take your manme and addresss an report it to the dept. of health..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version