HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Risk of Infection

<< < (5/5)

neri:
Ann,

Thank you for your reply....

I just thought that the penis opening leads to the urethra which is - a mucus membrane thus a entry portal for the virus..

From what I have learned here is that even if there were blood or semen in the other persons mouth and he  /she was HIV positive; The saliva breaks down the virus therefor transmission is not possible thru Oral Insertive Sex.

neri:
Do I understand this correctly....
From my last post...

"I just thought that the penis opening leads to the urethra which is - a mucus membrane thus a entry portal for the virus..

From what I have learned here is that even if there were blood or semen in the other persons mouth and he  /she was HIV positive; The saliva breaks down the virus therefor transmission is not possible thru Oral Insertive Sex."

Ann:
neri,

Saliva contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to transmit successfully.

Ann

neri:
Ann,

Thank you for the feedback..

Please advise if I understand reply correctly ...

Even if there were blood or semen in his mouth, which I am unsure of,  it would interact with the saliva in his mouth and the saliva's different proteins / enzymes would render the virus unable to transmit...

So there is no risk of HIV infection..but this does not rule out other STD's only HIV..

Ann:
neri,

Getting a blowjob, no matter what sort of details you want to add, is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

If you're worried about other STIs, go get a sexual health care check up. You should be having one regularly anyway.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version