POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 11:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647117
  • Total Topics: 49299
  • Online Today: 192
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pi Day  (Read 943 times)

Online leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Pi Day
« on: March 14, 2012, 01:14:11 AM »
well , It's Pi Day (3/14 and make mine a cherry pie please :D ) and the big 5-oh is here. But I sure can't complain!

On my 34th bday I was in the hospital and the docs said I was going to die. I was back in the hospital on my 36th bday, and once again, they said I was going to die. For the next 10 yrs after that, every 6 wks when I saw the doctor, he kept saying I didn't have much longer than 3 months left. Well now its 14 yrs this very day that I was last in a hospital "dying" (supposedly) and right now I'm feeling better than I have in the last decade!

I never though I'd live to see 40, much less 50. I never thought I'd outlive my first partner by very long, but I lasted long enough to fall in love again. For goodness, I sure never dreamed I'd outlive my second partner; but he has passed away too, and here I still am - and amazingly I have lived long enough that LOVE has once more come along.

All I can say is WooHoo! I'm happy, pretty healthy, very rewarded by the volunteer work I do, in love with another great guy, horny and getting laid regularly. WooHoo! and it's thanks to 20 yrs of all those wonderful HIV meds!!! (well all except that crappy liquid Norvir - it's gasoline for heaven's sake! - and the evil Sustiva LOL)

It's pretty darned good turning 50 instead of being dead! :D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline buginme2

Re: Pi Day
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:25:19 AM »
Is it your birthday? Happy birthday if it is.

Your story is remarkable.  Congratulations on reaching 50 and finding love again.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 01:28:20 AM »
Happy Birthday!!  Wishing you many, many more.

Offline LM

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 02:22:05 AM »
Happy birthday, leatherman! That you may live many, many years! You will live long enough to be cured of HIV, you've got to! Wish you all the best!!

Offline weasel

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
Hope you have  great  Birthday  Leatherman  , Yippie for Fifty !   50 Wacks from Weasel  ;D
" Live and let Live "

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
Happy Birthday!

Online Denver Toad

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:48:54 PM »
Happy Birthday ya old fart. Or is it Happy Pi Day?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 07:18:56 PM »
HAPPY BRITHDAY MIKIE

careful now, @ 50 all the young gay men might start calling you "Daddy Mikie"
but don't worry it kinda go's with the turning teh big 50.......lol   ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
Birthday Happy Mike!

:D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Lugzsoo

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
Happy  b,day hope a lot more to come .

Online leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »
Thanks everyone!  :-* I really had a good time today. It was sunny and warm and just a great day to be alive.

Since all of my sci-fi-loving friends have passed away over the years, for the first time in my life I went to a movie all by myself. Of course my BF would have gone; but it just didn't seem fair to have him drive 40 miles up here to just sit beside me in a movie where we couldn't even talk to each other.

So I splurged on myself, got a large Coke and a small popcorn, and watched "John Carter" in 3D. I enjoyed the movie because I had recently started re-reading the John Carter/Barsoom series of books Edgar Rice Burrroughs wrote 100 yrs ago.

Afterwards, I met up with my Mom for dinner and had some good ol' Carolina barbeque (ie pulled pork), slaw, and hushpuppies. That's one of my favorite meals and something I can't get enough of since moving back down from Ohio just a couple yrs ago.

My phone and Facebook wall have been blowing up all day as friends (from around America), family, and acquaintances from my ASO, advocacy groups, and the SC HIV Task Force have been sending me bday greetings.

Though I'm kinda liking the sound of "Daddy Mike" LOL, my BF is 10 yrs older than me, so I'm not the "daddy" quite yet. LOL Sadly though since I didn't see him today, I won't be getting any birthday sex today; but I did had "early bday" sex yesterday and I'll get "after bday" sex tomorrow. ;)

Thanks again everyone, your posts gave me a smile and helped in making me have a really nice day today.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.