POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631841
  • Total Topics: 47836
  • Online Today: 293
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Now I have the cause of all of my problems!  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Now I have the cause of all of my problems!
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:07:05 AM »
Thanks to my parents! =) They have shared their enlightened knowledge with me this evening!

Guess what!

I'm not having problems with my school cause it's a bad school.
I'm having problems at my school cause I'm gay.

Annnnndddd.

I'm not depressed because I have a miserable family life.
I'm depressed because I'm gaaayyy.

AIDS?
Cause I'm gay.

Over emotional?
Cause I'm gay.

Don't have a lot of friends?
Cause I'm gay.

Yup. I'm so grateful that they shared this immense amount of logic with me. I would have never figured all of this out myself! Of COURSE all of my problems are because I'm gay! There is NO SUCH THING as a well adjusted gay person. =) I FORGOT.

Oh, and according to my dad, everybody knows I'm gay because I come across as a HUGE FAG.
Yaaaayyyyy.

If you don't speak sarcasm, please don't respond to this post. =)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
Re: Now I have the cause of all of my problems!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:04:18 AM »
Everybody knows that homosexuality is the fault of the parents. ;)

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:25:27 AM »
Jaser

Let me share some of my "Enlightened Knowledge" with you.

You are depressed because:
your parents are idiots (sorry)

You are over emotional because:
you are compensating for your parents lack of emotions

You have no friends because:
your parents have no friends and have idea what friends/friendships are.

Just talking out loud here.

{{{{hugs}}}
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 02:34:58 AM »
 ::)

I just found it amusing tonight that apparently all of my issues (in their eyes) lead back to that.

Apparently I'm having trouble coming to terms with it (still! wow!) and therefore am having other problems.

Why do people always insist on analyzing me like that.

No, seriously. I have other issues other than being gay. I promise. xD

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 04:01:30 AM »
my mother would swear blind the reason i failed grade 7 cello was due to my lack of straightness : )

Being gay/other “difficult” issues, in some peoples eyes, bit like an umbrella - everything else gets put underneath, and as such, is invisible & doesn’t need to be looked at or dealt with.

Easier, safer, but ultimately, perhaps not so helpful.

Kate

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 04:03:25 AM by penguin »

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 04:11:22 AM »
If your parents had taught themselves how to cope with emotions, they could have given it on to you.

And remember Jaser :

Being over-emotional is still better then being cold as steel ( many people are)
Not having many friends is perfectly normal : when you have a couple you're doing great ( you have a whole family of friends here)
Start blaming your parents for being gay : one of them passed it on to you, as it is in the genes.

And last but not least : most people will never have the conversations you have baby. They plainly miss the brains AND the heart to do so.
I am glad you are an exception : most people suck when it comes to emotions...

Go on "gaying" baby.

Hermie
 :-*
Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Viread, Kivexa (Epzicom),Viramune once daily

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 05:02:28 AM »
Okay, so let me get this right, your parents, on diplomatic but not intimate terms, have a heart-to-heart & all they talk about is you being gay? They have issues. - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 05:25:43 AM »
Jaser, you would have like my mother. I didn't have to cruise much, she was the one saying, " Did you miss that one? Now that guy was good looking." Dad was a little different, his only comments were, "Can't you just find one and settle down?" But back then and me being young with a little sarcasm would say, "Why have one, when you try them all? I love to shop." He would just shake his head and walk off. My mother always said she knew there was something different about me, from the time she pulled the pacifier out of my diapers and I started crying, slide it back in and I would quit. I always blamed her for me being gay.  ;)

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 56 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »
Wow Jaser, now that your parents have cleared that up, perhaps they could solve a few other problems like: The war in Iraq, universal health care and, of course, finding Jimmy Hoffa.

If only all life's solutions were so simple!

HUGS,

Mark

(Written with a touch of sarcasm.)
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »
I was wondering when they were gonna go ahead and get this out in the open. I kinda thought they were going to have this little talk with you a while back. They have apparently been furiously e-mailing back and forth for months now with Jerry's parents, and now that he is finally getting on with his life, you parents thought this to be the appropriate time to spring this surprise on you. Sooooooo......now that your problems are all solved and everything, maybe they can finally start working on the middle east conflicts.
Hey I know....you don't spose we're hated around the world cause we're gay do ya? Please ask them to hurry up...cause we need answers.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 10:39:20 AM »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:52:04 PM by Iggy »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »
What a relief to have everything explained and accounted for, Jaser. Now you can just relax, ignore that background static and enjoy your life!

Reminds me of years ago when a friend's mom was going on a diatirbe against "homosexuals." "They should all be put on an island!," she said. My friend replied, "They did. ....Manhattan."

We had a good laugh over that one for a longtime.

Press on, Jaser. It sometimes take a while for parents to grow up.
Andy Velez

Offline ademas

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 10:49:38 AM »
Everybody knows that homosexuality is the fault of the parents. ;)

MtD

har!

I actually used Matty's argument on my parents shortly after I came out...you know...weak father figure, over-bearing mother...ha!  I still laugh when I think of it, even though it was no laughing matter at the time...

What the hay.  As long as they blamed me for my "choice" of the gay lifestyle (nobody's born this way...just ask Jesus...), I figured I might as well play to their argument.

We didn't speak for nearly a year after that, but things did get better.  On my terms.

I hope the same for you, Jaser.

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 11:10:02 AM »
Yes, gay, fag, bitch, queer.  Now, let's get to the 60 seconds....

BS...I am sorry for your parents...And happy that you have got an epiphany moment, brought to you by your unlimited-always-wise parents.

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 03:44:31 PM »
Jaser,

Tell your Mom I'm really sorry for her, and that I'll pray for her (that always confuses 'em).

Seriously, it is easy for some people to blame 'being gay' for all life's problems, but it just ain't so.   I am so proud of you for recognizing what they are trying to do, and dealing with it in a mature way.

When I was your age, I used to get upset and cry when people berated me for being a 'fag'.   Now, I just get MAD AS HELL.   Hopefully,  you can skip right to the MAD phase.

hugs,
Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jerry71

• {Lexiva, Norvir, Complera} Still Breathing!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 03:55:27 PM »
Now you think it is going to get better when you get older welcome to the real world where our parents are the problem. Now you know why I'm getting away from mine finally seen the light and they have not. You just hang in there and don't let anyone change your mind no matter what they try to tell you.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 07:11:11 PM »
I guess they were waiting to get thru with your problems, before they start working on their own????????

Hang in there buddy, you're a great kid!
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Eldon

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »
Jaser,

Hang in there and Be Yourself. Focus on your studies in school.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.