HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Question for the experts, I believe this is a new one ..

(1/9) > >>

worriedman:
Dear Ann, Andy, Jonathan,

I have a couple of questions that I believe have not been addressed and I am hoping that you guys can help me out. The scenario is as follows:

I had an encounter with a pro in Latin America and now I am a little worried about it. Before we began, she went into the bathroom and got ready etc. During the encounter I pulled out (I do that to check if the condom is still intact) and I saw some white stuff on it. I asked her if it was an infection, but she said that it was just bacterial cleaning cream that she uses before she has sex. I didn not think much of it and I went on and finished. Afer, as usual, you mind starts to wonder and I was thinking that she douched before the encounter etc. I finished very soon and the condom remained intact. I have heard that nonyoxyl 9 or other creams can increase the chance of contracting HIV. My questions is, does the chances increase only for the women, or both parties, and if my condom remained intact, am I safe and far as getting infected via microscopic tears etc etc. I hope my question makes sense, many thanks in advance.

Ann:
worried,

Is this the same incident you were worried about in the old forum?

Because if it is, you already tested negative for it. You didn't have a risk of infection - you used a condom.

N9 MIGHT increase the risk to the receptive partner if the spermicide irritates the mucus membranes. It does not increase the risk to the person wearing the condom.

Microscopic holes or tears in condoms are a myth. When a condom breaks, you know about it. You didn't have a risk.

And by the way, we have seen similar questions here before.

Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line as well as the HIV Transmission Lesson

Keep using condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

worriedman:
Dear Ann,

Many thanks for you reply. No, it is not the same episode, this is a new episode. I do use condoms regularly, but maybe my guilt of visiting a pro makes me want to make sure that I am doing the right thing. The condom was intact, so I guess I have nothing to worry about.

Again, thanks for taking the time out to answer my question.

worriedman:
Dear Ann,
I do have a follow up question, and I promise you that this will be the last I use your valuable time. If one had blood on the outside of the condom, and while taking the condom off, accidentally touched the menstrual blood, and then touched ones penis, foreskin to clean it (uncircumsized too), would that be a cause for concern? I am very very thankful in anticipation of your reply, and I hope I can put this matter to rest once and for all.

Thanks and God Bless

jkinatl2:
<<I do have a follow up question, and I promise you that this will be the last I use your valuable time. If one had blood on the outside of the condom, and while taking the condom off, accidentally touched the menstrual blood, and then touched ones penis, foreskin to clean it (uncircumsized too), would that be a cause for concern?>>

No.

HIV is a very fragile virus, and cannot survive outside the body. Moreover, it begins to lose viability as soon as the environment changes. A condom is excellent protection against HIV, to a degree greater than against syphilis and gonnorrhea and other STDs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version