Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:43:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 223
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ya' got two years...but, but, I'm only 25...  (Read 7518 times)

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
Ya' got two years...but, but, I'm only 25...
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:10:39 pm »
53. Not a number I thought would ever be associated with me...but...there you go.

My birthday was Friday. Send money. Preferably $100 bills.

Not sure what to say. I've lived longer than I thought I would...or could. Lost friends...made friends...made some very good, very special friends who I treasure beyond measure. Got my sanity back after much too long, still miss Jim...but that's getting better...with the miracles of modern pharmaceuticals. Also miss Greg too...would love to talk with him again. Got lucky two times...maybe I'll get a triple...

I've met some wonderful people during my life. Which I might not have met if my life had gone as I thought it would. If I could choose again...I'd stay with the way things have turned out. Each person I met has made a contribution to my life. Some maybe more than others but each has helped me in so many ways (However I don't want to embarrass them by naming times and places). Still have a ways to go but, it's my b'day, so we can let that go for now.

I love and care for my friends in many different ways. How could I feel otherwise for friends who have stayed steadfast as I have gone crazy. They've held my hand when I've lost it over Jim. They've helped me shower when I was in the hospital and we had to do it part by part. They also never let me get too full of myself. Let's just say I have a lot of "brothers" who in their own ways have saved me more then once from my worst enemy...me.

All right...if I write any more I'll get maudlin and sentimental and maybe sniffle a little.

So...Happy Birthday!
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Ya' got two years...but, but, I'm only 25...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »
Why you don't look a day over 35  ;D  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Dean

{{{ BIG WOLFY BEAR HUGS }}}

Dennis in ABQ
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 07:49:44 pm »
Happy b'day from one Pisces to another!! :D

(for me the big 5-oh is nearly upon me in less than 2 wks)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:45:03 pm »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!

Wishing you the best.....     

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »
Happy birthday. I was two days before my 18th birthday when I began treatment.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:07:01 am »
You youngster!  ;)

Belated Happy Birthday!
I hope you are prepared for your Birthday Swats!™ 8)

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:06:46 pm »
Last time someone attempted to give me Birthday Swats it took 15 of them to try and they still couldn't pry my hands from the door frame...I was 10...strong little thing wasn't I.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 06:58:25 am »
adding my bit
Happy Birthday
mad bloody life we,ve all had [having]
with love
michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:18:13 am »
Happy birthday.  Damn, there are so many of us diagnosed around 86.  What was in the wine that year? ;D

Another fine example of continuing a positive mental attitude in spite of this virus.  I've often wondered if our health care professionals did us a disservice or benefited us by declaring that we should be able to live a few years.  I still remember being told that if all went well, I could possibly live to be 30. 

Take care and best wishes

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:55:00 am »
Happy birthday.  Damn, there are so many of us diagnosed around 86.  What was in the wine that year? ;D

Wolfie, It was the Ronald Regan Admin. that wanted us all DEAD, not only did they try to kill us, but, they also ignored us to, when we got sick & needed help & support , back then we were an eye-sore on society :(
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline nycol72

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »
Happy birthday from a new friend!!

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 11:55:24 am »
Happy birthday.  Damn, there are so many of us diagnosed around 86.  What was in the wine that year?

Must have been a good year for white zin!
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline bear60

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 04:39:26 pm »
Always nice to hear from LTS's who celebrate birthdays.
Sending...((((HUGS))))) ....sorry,  no bills here.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline wolfter

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 10:12:56 pm »
Must have been a good year for white zin!

I couldn't afford good wine then...Boonesfarm and Wild Irish Rose all the way.   :o

MOI
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline deibster

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 05:07:00 pm »
Happy Birthday LTS! Sorry I'm late, haven't been on the forum in a while. I was diagnosed to 92; never expected to outlive my mother & a brother, but I have.

I'm 59 & eat more pills than food, who needs more weight, anyway. I also thank
G-d for the friends & neighbors I have now, who have stood by me. We help them as they get older & weaker, and they help us when health problems slow us down. Hugs to everyone, Deiby
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.