Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

What a waist...

<< < (2/7) > >>

LongTimeSurvivor:
Ah yes...Vanity...I know, it's a selfish, full time occupation, but...someone has to have it.

I admit I'd like my six pack to actually be flat but my bigger concern is still the heart trouble the fat can cause. I don't need an additional issue to occupy my time.

The stuff came this morning and I lugged it home tonight from work. Subways and large boxes don't mix well at rush hour. It apparently is a multi-step process to mix the stuff. So lots of opportunities to stick my fingers with needles.

That's it...now where is my mirror...

denb45:

--- Quote from: LongTimeSurvivor on February 29, 2012, 07:21:54 PM ---Ah yes...Vanity...I know, it's a selfish, full time occupation, but...someone has to have it.

I admit I'd like my six pack to actually be flat but my bigger concern is still the heart trouble the fat can cause. I don't need an additional issue to occupy my time.

That's it...now where is my mirror...

--- End quote ---

;D Your a funny man....lol you make me laugh, thanks for the humor  ;)  the only Vanity I care about is having teeth in my mouth and not having Body Oder........the rest of it, is really very simple & basic for me, always has been  ;)

LongTimeSurvivor:
Glad I lightened your day. I can't take my self or my life too seriously. I love word  play. So if I can combine the two...and provide some entertainment...why not. Everything is transitory...even my six pack...speaking of...bodies...

...odor...hmmm...have to whack away all the guys at the gym who want to smell my underarms. Admittedly it is an acquired "taste"...so to speak...and sometimes I think I reek, but it never fails even then, some guy will walk up who was downwind and he'll say "...boy, you smell good."

But I've had people tell me I smell good since I hit puberty. They always wanted to know what I was using to smell so good. I didn't know what to say since I hated colognes and didn't use anything. I guess I've got nice smelling skin bacteria.

Not very complicated myself. Constantly editing things out of my life. However there always seems to be more. So it's a constant battle.

Decided to do the first shot of Egrifta tonight instead of in the morning. Glad I did. The process is needlessly complicated. Plus, they tell you to slowly inject the sterile water into the Eqrifta bottles and to aim for the side so the water flows gently down into the mixture.

What they forget to tell you is they've put a vacuum equal to outer space in the little bottles and as soon as the needle goes in the bottle cap all the sterile water shoots in like a water canon...and you can't stop it. It's that strong of a vacuum. I don't think they actually do any dry runs with this stuff before putting it out here. So I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask why this is.

Happy trails...

LongTimeSurvivor:
It's been about a month since I began Egrifta so thought I'd give a report on how things have gone so far.

First, I think my stomach now knows how a pin cushion feels...if a pin cushion could feel. It's not bad...I wouldn't even say it's tender. Just that I know I've given myself a daily shot for the past month and can tell where some of them were stuck in my stomach. However, it's not something I can't live with and it's not noticeable all the time.

Haven't had any of the major, kill-you-off side effects. The only side effect I might have had is the one concerning muscles and joints. However, since about the time I started Egrifta my exercise routine got harder...it's possible what I felt was the result of exercise and not Egrifta. The feeling only lasted about a week and I haven't felt any more stiffness since.

As to whether it's fighting the fat or not, I think I'd have to wait till at least three months in before I'll notice anything in that regard. It's not been difficult working the shots into my daily routine. I do it right after I get out of the shower. Figured out how to handle the "vacuum of space" the little med bottles have...well, at least enough so that the sterile water doesn't go in like a water cannon.

Okay, that's about it. If you have specific questions...ask away. I'll answer as best I can.

denb45:
I recall my belly feeling like a pin-cushion while I was on Fuzeon (Enfuvirtide Injection) for a about 2 yrs. in 2006  :-[

it got so bad I had to start using my legs, arms, and back of the elbows to inject twice a day, and I was sure glad when ISENTRESS (Raltegravir) came out in 2007
that meant no more Fuzeon injections  :)

how long are you going to be on the Egrifta treatments? is this a temporary Med?

thanks for the update, and good luck with your Egrifta treatments  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version