Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

What a waist...

<< < (3/7) > >>

aztecan:
My understanding is this a a life-long regimen. You have to keep injecting for the rest of your life.

On top of that, I believe it is only about 30 percent effective.

Aside from the fact I could not afford Egrifta (my copay would be more than $400 a month), I really couldn't resign myself to life-long injections unless I knew it was life or death.

Keep us posted on how it goes with you.

HUGS,

Mark

denb45:

--- Quote from: aztecan on March 31, 2012, 11:39:45 AM ---
Aside from the fact I could not afford Egrifta (my copay would be more than $400 a month), I really couldn't resign myself to life-long injections unless I knew it was life or death.

--- End quote ---

LOL  ;D  yeah I hear ya Mark @ 55+ I'll just let my age dictate how I'm gonna look for the rest of my days, no No DRUG in the world is ever gonna change the way I look  ::)

pozniceguy:
I  have  found  the Egrifta to be really  effective.... it is covered by my insurance...but the  reality is that it  doesnt do much, if  anything,  for  subcutaneous fat  it only  really affects the internal  variety that surrounds the  intestines  , heart and other organs.... if you have a  family history of any of the  issues associated with   disease of the internal  organs  (  heart, kidneys,spleen, etc.) then you want to use this  to minimize  any effects that  the  increased fat accumulation may/will  have on that organ  (  almost a direct  quote  from my Dr... )  if  you have  accumulated  so much internal  fat ( usually very hard) that it is  bulging your  mid section  then this will definitely  reduce that.... but not the  usual  "belly fat" .
Contrary  to the  "determination"  made by some insurance/medical plans  it  is not a "cosmetic".

Nick

Joe K:
I can relate to how you have a 38" waist, because my chest has grown in the past few years.  Jackets that used to fit me, no longer close over my chest without pulling and looking like the clothes are two sizes too small.  I just don't have the energy to be upset over this new development.  I can't fix it, so why worry.

Joe

LongTimeSurvivor:
Well...thank god, my co-pay is only $50. That puts my co-pays a month to $200. Which isn't too bad...after all, I get my meds for that price.

The pin cushion feeling seems to be abating somewhat now that I've gone to a clockwise injection rotation. Even if I forget exactly where I did the last shot, just go far enough and I'm away from wherever it was last.

Like aztecan said...it's a life long routine. Otherwise the fat comes back. And it's the fat that I want to keep away since my family does have a history of heart disease. Why add that on top of AIDS.

Aztecan...since just about everything I have to take now is for a lifetime what's one more thing. The stomach shots aren't painful. Mostly a prick and sometimes nothing. Not like my butt shots which I feel each time. Of course, they're not that bad either. For someone who was deathly afraid of shots I apparently can adapt rather quickly to giving them to myself. I guess quality of life is a motivator.

And denb45...I think you're a rather attractive man. If this is what age does to you then sign me up.

Come the end of April I'll post another update. Don't expect any big news, just letting everyone know how's it going in case they're thinking of going on Egrifta.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version