POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23369
  • Latest: donasim
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636857
  • Total Topics: 48340
  • Online Today: 211
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 136
Total: 141

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Fingering potential precum risk in sauna  (Read 5056 times)

Offline Ghostzoo

Fingering potential precum risk in sauna
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:41:07 AM »
Hi everyone,
I desperately need reassurance as I have been terrified about what I have done and cry just about everyday.  I am not one to do one night stands or casual sex, but about 3 months ago while on vacation I had a sexual encounter with another guy.  I was in the sauna and he started to rub himself and it led to us touching one another and rubbing each others penises.  Anyhow, without warning he put his finger in my anus and continued to finger me inside and out for Bout 5 minutes and this was pretty aggressive.  At this point, I think my good senses came back and I went to the shower but did end up climaxing in the shower.  I did not put my mouth anywhere including his penis. 
Well, I didn't think too much about it although I felt guilty.  Later that night when I was in bed, it was like a light turned on and I was like oh my God!  What if this guy was positive and he had precum on his finger and he was putting his finger in and out of me like that!  Well, the next morning, I had a red flat rash on my thigh that had a slight burn and itch to it.  Well, needless tosay I was terrified.  What have I done!  When I came home, I did some research and felt a bit more comforted when I read postings from some physicians that said stuff like rash wouldn't happen earlier than a week and the immune system sdoesnt work this way.  But then I read other sights that said there are no set rules and a rash can appear at anytime.  Some sites have said the rash is generalized and some have said it can be a single rash like the one I have.  Three weeks to the day, I also got tired at a party and had shortness of breath and felt like I was getting something and then I had a sore throat for the following 4 to 5 days.  I can maybe dismiss these symptoms, but my biggest worry is this rash.  I had it biopsied by my family doctor about 5 weeks ago, but nothing really showed on that and my doc said it probably isn't anything serious.  I then recently went to a dermatologist who looked at it and said the stinging is probably from the biopsy.  At the time he saw it, it wasn't as red as it sometimes get and he felt it was nothing.  I am worried as I have never had a rash in my life.  The rash seems to lighten up a bit if my leg is elevated but then gets red once I start walking around.  You have to admit, what are the chances for something like this to happen the very next day and I now have had this rash for three months.  I tried the highest dose prescription steroid cream and other creams and it won't go away.  If it wasn't for this rash, I wouldn't be so scared, but I think this is too much of a coincidence.    Could being in a sauna emulate being inside the body?  I am so terrified right now and just want this rash to go away.  Some sites say that the potential of precum on the finger and then getting fingered in the rectum is a risk and I am so so scared.  Could I be the first that this could happen too?  I didn't do anything else with this person but I am so fearful that he had precum on his finger and it got it my system.  I am not sure if I was too clear earlier in this email, but after he fingered me I left the sauna and went into a shower by myself and then ejaculated.  Was I at risk and if you were me, what would you do about this rash that has lasted for 3 months now....I cant imagine what else it could be.  It still has the burning sensation and through the biopsy we know it isn't fungal or vasculitis.  Please help me to rest my mind.

Online RapidRod

Re: Fingering potential precum risk in sauna
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:52:01 AM »
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

You never had an exposure.

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »
Based on what you said, then there should be nothing to worry about?  I am so worried about the coincidence of getting a leg rash the next day and It still is not completely gone after about 3 months.  I really would appreciate any other feedback.  Thank you very very much.  I have been terrified and will never do anything like that again.  Hope to hear other feedback as I really need reassurance.  I don't do casual sex and this will never happen again.

Online RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »
See your doctor about your rash it is not HIV related.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »
There is absolutely, categorically NO WAY you could get HIV from the situation you described.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:50:25 AM »
Thank you so much for your answers and assurance.  I have been just so worried because of the horrible timing of this rash the next morning and the fact that it hasn't really responded to steroid creams and is lingering.  Other sites have said potential for precum on the finger is a risk and I have been a huge mess.  Now I need to figure out what this red quarter size rash s that burns.  I thank you for your professional assurances.  As long as you confidently believe there was no exposure, I can handle anything else.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
Ghost,

Even if you did have a risk for hiv infection (you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection), a rash appearing the very next day would have nothing to do with it. Seroconversion symptoms, when they happen at all (they often don't, despite a person being infected), do not happen so quickly. It takes at least two weeks before any symptoms will appear (when they appear at all).

If your rash won't go away, you may need to see the dermatologist again. Steroid creams only work on some rashes, not all. You probably need a different treatment.

At the end of the day, if you cannot bring yourself to believe us when we say you have not had a risk, go test and collect your negative result. As it has been over three months, your test will be conclusive.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER BEING FINGERED (or fingering), anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
Hi guys,

I promise this will be my last post and I stop bothering you.  I really appreciated your emails as they did help to comfort me.  With that said, I am so scared that I am the first or the first to actual report from getting fingered and this guy might have had fresh precum on his finger and then it was absorbed inside my anus.  If I still didn't have this rash, I would be feeling okay.  To get this rash the very next day after this out of character event is such an enormous coincidence.  It is the redness that bothers me the most even more so than the burning feeling it sometimes gives.  I have never had a rash and from what I understand is that most go away in a week or so.  The biopsy said it wasn't fungal or a skin infection, even still I tried fungal creams and a very strong prescription steroid cream and in the end, I still have this red patch.  I have also tried over counter creams and other suggestions on the Internet.  When I hear the HIV rash doesn't respond to treatments, this truly scares me.  If I had gotten this rash and put some cream on it and it went away within a few weeks I wouldn't be so panicked.  Like I said before, this was so out of character for me and life changing.  I would never ever do anything like this again.  I am so mad at myself as i know even in this situation in a moment of weakness, I would never even go as far as oral sex...but then I allowed someone to put their finger up inside me!  I feel so so stupid.  The immune response to an HIV infection I would imagine can vary like crazy and I am so scared my body responded by quickly developing a rash.  Ann had mentioned seroconversion illnesses don't show up prior to 2 weeks, but isn't that an average?  I am very responsible in regards to sex, probably on the extreme caution side until this event that I feel has ruined me.  I am so sorry if I sound so paranoid.  It is just I never ever do stuff like this and never had a rash and suddenly get this lingering rash the very next day and have had it now for 3 months.  I am praying this is a gigantic coincidence and a lesson learned.  I respect you all so much and for what you do for everyone everyday.  I have truly received your original comments, but given this ridiculous coincidence, I would truly appreciate any thoughts you had on the coincidence of this rash.  Given all that was done was the fingering, am I truly okay?  I know I sound like a baby, but truly would appreciate your reassurances.  I come up with these crazy ideas in my mind like...what if we were talking seconds after he touched his penis and then fingered me?  Could the virus survived that brief moment?  Would a sauna help to emulate the internal temperatures of the body?  I promise this will be it, but I really value your professional and educated comments.  I just pray this rash disappears soon as you have to understand it is a constant reminder that has been around for 3 months.  I hope to hear back from you all soon...and I promise not to bother you again about this.  Thank you so much

Online RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »
Your thoughts and fears about your rash notwithstanding, you absolutely did not have a risk for HIV. Whatever is the source cause of the rash is not HIV. Discuss it with your doctor to find out the real cause.

Not incidentally, if you had an actual risk for HIV, you would not be getting symptoms the day or even a few days after the risk. It just doesn't go that way.

Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. That's why we always suggest that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year.

But this time out you are absolutely worrying needlessly about HIV. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
Hi guys,

Well, I went back to the dermatologist because my red flat rash is still on my thigh.  They don't know what it is and he just advises me to leave it alone.  I have already had a biopsy and there is no skin infection, cancer, fungus infection and biopsy just came back as periovascular dermatitis.  You all have been very helpful, but I am still scared because of the coincidence of getting this rash the next morning after being fingered by that guy.  I will tell you that I have been celibate for quite a long time and have always practiced safe sex.  I am just so worried that because we were in a sauna and it was sweaty etc. And he had been rubbingon his penis, that there ended up being precum on his finger and maybe the environment of the sauna almost emulated the inside of a body and the precum was absorbed in my anus.  I did exactlynwhat you told me no to do and there are many sites that say precum on the finger in a fingering situation is a risk, including thebody website.  I have to reinterate that we did nothing else...my mouth went no where.  I am sure I am just being paranoid because I have never had a rash before and to get it right after this incident scares the hell out of me.  If I didn't have this rash, I would be feeling okay.  Like I said before at exactly 3 weeks after the incident I did have a night where I felt I was getting sick and had shortness of breathe and literally had to sit down and this was followed by a sore throat for about 5 days.  At this point, I can ignore that stuff, but this rash is scaring me.  You guys have supplied studies regarding oral sex, but are there any studies regarding fingering with the potential of precum being involved?  My rash is about the size of a quarter and it is mildly red and only seems to get a little lighter when I elevate my leg.  It is localized and blanches when I touch it and there are no other spots on my body.  I know I sound irrational right now, but I am just scared since it hasn't responded to any treatments.  I can't believe I have had this for over three months now and I am just a bit crazy since it showed up the following day.  I just worry that maybe there hasn't been any documented cases of fingering because there may have been many incidents where people just went further and did other things in addition to the fingering.  I am so made at myself that I allowed this stranger to put his finger up inside me and feel so incredibly stupid and I wish there weren't all these other sites that say it can be a risk.  I am just praying this mild rash is just a crazy coincidence.  I apologize for bothering you again, but I feel so ashamed of what I have done and have no one to talk to about it as I wouldn't dare tell anyone what I did.  Your comments are invaluable to me.  Thanks again and I hope to hear back from you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:22 AM »
Shame is your problem. Not HIV. Nothing you did put you at risk no matter what details you continue to mull over and excavate out of the experience. Zero risk.

Listen, we're sexual beings. So you did what you did. If you can't let it go then talk with a counselor or other professional. This is not about a genuine risk for HIV. It's about your feelings. We can't help you with that in this setting. All we can do is evaluate for risk and in this case there was none for HIV. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
Ghost,

Enough about your rash. It's nothing to do with hiv.

There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

If you think that none of these people ever engaged in fingering, then I don't know what to tell you. It was only the couples who didn't consistently use condoms who ended up having the negative partner seroconvert.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection!

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
Okay I got the message and won't post anything else regarding this subject.  You just have to understand that this burning rash that I have had now for several months with absolutely no explanation and doesn't respond to treatment happened right after this isolated event and I can't get rid of it.  I will continue to pray it was a coincidence.  Thanks for all your comments.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 06:28:40 AM »
Ghost,

Even if your rash does have something to do with what happened in the sauna, it has NOTHING to do with hiv.

The symptoms of hiv seroconversion - when they happen at all (they often don't) - absolutely DO NOT happen the day after infection has taken place. Sure, everyone's different, but NOBODY is so different that they're going to get symptoms like an ARS rash the very next day. It just does not happen.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us when we say that you had NO RISK, then go test, collect your negative result and get on with your life. As it has been more than three months, your result will be negative.

Your Time Out warning still stands, so think carefully before posting again. Unless you're posting to report your test result, it will be your last post for at least 28 days.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »
Please have mercy on me one last time and don't suspend me.  As I mentioned before my skin biopsy of my rash stated I had superficial perivascular dermatitis with lympocyclic infiltrate.  The dermatologist said this was a general term used on biopsies and can even show up on normal skin.  With that said, I read in a dermatology medical journal that HIV rashes biopsied often say that.  This really really freaked me out.  The red flat rash is probably a bit bigger than a quarter and now I am approaching 4 months!  The only time the rash looks okay is when I elevate it and the blood doesn't pool in that area.  It can literally just about disappear with the exception. Of the faintest red when I elevate it for a while.  Since it has been a while now since I was fingered, I am beginning to question myself from your comments whether it was the very next morning..,.I am almost positive it was but even if it wasn't, the rash definitely appeared within 2 days at the latest and I can say that with absolute certainty.  While I was researching (which I know is stupid as you read so many things) I came across an HIV drug advertisement that said symptoms of acute HIV infection can show up as early as two days!  This terrified me.  As I mentioned to you earlier, 3 weeks to the day of the sauna episode, I started to feel lethargic with shortness of breathe for about a day and a sore throat followed for about 4 or 5 days....this is when I truly panicked because this happened on top of me having this rash.  Since the steroid cream didn't work and even though my biopsy showed it wasn't fungal or bacterial, I stilled tried a fungal cream and an antibiotic.  I tried one dose of oral prednisone, but got scared because after one dose, I got some tiny dots that showed up near the rash and. I decided not to take them anymore.  These are very very tiny and most people can't see them and they are starting to fade, but still are there.  Outside of fondling each other, all he did was fingered me and my biggest worry was that he had precum on his finger after rubbing on himself.....and that was it!  Again, I am a rational person and if I didn't have this burning rash, I would take everything you said and move on despite the other symptoms I had 3 weeks later.  I would appreciate hearing from the moderators one last time so I can process this in my head and move on because I am literally not mentally functioning well and can't get it off my mind and don't have it in me to test right now.  If you say that I am okay, I will take it now and move on.  Please have mercy as I am scared out of my mind and as I mentioned to you before, I have been overly careful about sex safety and have been celibate for over a year now.  If you emphatically know I had no risk, then I am done and I promise I won't bother you again.  I just needed peace of mind and I hope you understand how I am a bit more jumpy then the usual person just because of this rash.  My next step if I pursue this rash will be to take a blood test, which I not want to do right now.  This simple event has changed my life forever and I plan on staying celibate because none of this is worth it to me.  Please indulge me one last time.  I truly am grateful for all of you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 02:17:30 PM »
Your rash has absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Discuss it with your doctor/dermatologist.

You did not have a risk for HIV. Period. End of story.

I am givnig you the 28 day Time Out about which you have been repeatedly warned. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name here. We'll spot that right off and it will get you banned permanently.

HIV is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »
Hi Anne, Andy, and other moderators,

I had heeded your advice and moved on with my life after the fingering incident despite my rash not going away and it is still there.  The reason I am reaching out to you is that for several, several weeks now I have been experiencing burning and tingling in both my hands and feet.  At one point it was so bad I did seek medical treatment for my hands because I am a server and it is hard to work at times.  Without further testing, they believed it was beginning stages of carpel tunnel.  At that point, I just mentioned my hands.  I did a google search and researched burning palms and feet and the only things that popped up were diabetes, a nerve injury, and HIV.  Some nights it is very difficult to sleep so I know it isn't in my mind.  I read a pubmed study that peripheral neuropathy is more common in acute HIV infection more than most realize.  I won't bother you with my incident again, othernthan to stress I did nothing other than this other guy fingering me after he had been rubbing on his penis.  No mouth contact on anything.  I just cant explain these symptoms.  I was on another site and a guy who was HIV said he had a few bruise like rashes and then 3 months later had the tingling in his hands and feet.  This has made me terrified.  I am sorry to have bothered you again and wouldn't have if it wasn't for the burning and tingling symptoms.  I am hoping to hear from Anne and Andy and others to put my mind at ease and I will move on and try to forget this.  I have been celibate and this is all I had done and I am so worried I was exposed to his precum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 08:08:41 AM »
Ghost,

We've repeatedly told you that you have NOT had a risk for hiv infection. If you cannot bring yourself to believe that, then go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life. This incident happened what, nearly six months ago? Your result will be conclusive and unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse you neglected to tell us about, your result will also be negative.

I promise you, if you come back with more of the same, you WILL be given a second time out.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
Okay thank you and I will try to move on with my life......and no, I have not had any unprotected sex of any kind.  What I told you was all that happened.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 08:52:20 AM »
Cut out the drama and go to see a dermatologist about your rash. It has nothing to do with HIV.

Nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV.

If you continue to return about this non-risk situation you're going to get timed out again. HIV is not your problem. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
Okay, I understand.  I am more worried a bout the burning of my feet and palms than the rash now.  Do you think I am ok?

Online RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 09:14:35 AM »
What part of, "You didn't have an exposure" is it that is so damn hard for you to understand? You have been already advised a half dozen times you never had an exposure.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »
Ghost,

Re-read your entire thread until it sinks in. I'll spell it out for you ONE LAST TIME.

1. Neither fingering nor being fingered are risks for hiv infection.

2. You did not have a risk for hiv infection.

3. Your symptoms have nothing to do with a virus you do not have.

4. If they only way you will believe what you've been told is to test, GO TEST, collect your negative result and get on with your life.

I'm giving you that second time out you've been warned about. This one will last 56 days. If you don't bother testing between now and when your TO is over and think you're going to come back with more of the same over this NO RISK fingering incident, don't be too surprised when you're permanently banned.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ghostzoo

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »
Thank you thank you thank you!  I want you all to know that I did test with the Orasure rapid finger prick blood test at about 5.5 months after event and just because I have been so paranoid and anxious I repeated the test again a 6.5 months after the event and both came up NEGATiVE!  I hope all of you will forgive me for all of my repeated messages, but because of my ongoing burning rash and peripheral neuropathy, I was terrified as they were not just general symptoms that could have been in my head like a soar throat etc.  Because of these continued symptoms, I have had several other repeated tests such as full hepatitis panel and syphilis and they have all shown to be negative as well.  My physicians are focusing now on anxiety and stress as the culprit, which we all know can have weird consequences on the body.  When I was going through this ordeal, I was worried that none of you believed me that the fingering was all that happened and I somehow I wrongly believed I possibly could have been the first person this happened to.  Clearly I was wrong, but I hope you will accept my apology for being a crazy person but hopefully you will understand due to the very strange rare circumstances that these symptoms showed up immediately following.  As I said before, I would never judge anyone else, but for me this was a life long lasting lesson learned and I would never do anything like that as anything sexual for me should be in a committed and loving relationship.  If I could give advice to anyone else out there that is terrified of a situation they put themselves in, just go and test.   Although the idea of testing was terrifying, I look back at this situation and it had unnecessarily devastated my life for almost 7 months.  I was not the same person and cried all the time.  I never slept and worried constantly literally every minute of the day.  As a server, I waited on my usual customers and could barely do my job and everyone would always ask if I was okay as I seemed very sad and stressed out.  My second bit of advice, is to fully trust the moderators of this board (Andy Anne and others) as they truly know what they are talking about and know all the data and research.  I also learned, to stay off of the Internet!  Literally any single ailment you think you have and I mean literally anything will somehow wrongfully be posted by someone on the Internet that it is associated to HIV.  There is so much conflicting information on the Internet and that is why I think there are so many people that get so crazy and freaked out.  This will enormously feed on your greatest fears.  Out of all the sites, this is the only one i came across that will give you true and factual information and facts.  So again, thank you sincerely to you all and I apologize for being an emotional wreck.  You enormously impact so many lives and I deeply respect everything you do.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
OK. ...now get on with your life!
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.