POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 06:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23344
  • Latest: TML1991
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636585
  • Total Topics: 48316
  • Online Today: 195
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: hi there guys, new to this forum...  (Read 1787 times)

Offline smithsgirl88

hi there guys, new to this forum...
« on: January 27, 2012, 05:38:50 PM »
Hey there Guys :) finally signed up after spending days looming in the background.

I was diagnosed in July 2010 at my 12 week scan with my Son. To say I was slightly shocked is an understatement. You always think that it would never happen to you it's something you hear about but everyone tends to think it won't be them. Unfortunately my partner of 3 years at the time was diagnosed as well. We'll never know who infected who and would rather we didn't, even though i'm pretty sure it was me. Which was the worse part of finding out about my diagnosis :/ Fortunately, my partner is the best and was never one to blame but one to move on instead.
It's funny how a unplanned pregnancy basically saved me. I would never have gone for a STD test as I was safe, apart from the odd occasion, and they were always people I knew well (or at least I thought). But now come to think about it, one guy was someone I worked with and had mentioned before he left and after sleeping with him that a cut wasn't healing and had had blood tests. Maybe. But then I never saw or heard from him again after that.
My CD4 was 500 odd and my partner was under 200. He never got ill and was healthy. Just goes to show how some people react differently.

Anyway, cheers for reading :) Is lovely to read about people in the same boat living a normal life and removing the stigma attached to HIV. Of course I was devastated when I found out but because of the excellent help from my clinic I can live my life knowing where I stand.

All is good (at the moment). x

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot
Re: hi there guys, new to this forum...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
Hi there, SmithsGirl :). Welcome to our forums. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• your ramblings bore Yamaguchi Kitteh
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »
Welcome!

Sounds like you have a great partner! So you are expecting? how very exciting!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline numbersguy82

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »
Welcome to the forums. I'm really excited to hear that you finally joined up, and also that you seem to be coping very well. I hope you both have continued health and a great relationship. So you had a son. Is he doing ok???

Oh and Willy I sure hope that she hasn't been pregnant since July 2010. That would be a record long pregnancy lol
8/10- 73 cd4, 7%, and 300k VL *First Labs*
9/10- Started Norvir, Prezista, and Truvada
10/10- 511 cd4, 22%, and 886 VL
12/10- 498 cd4, 22%, and 106 VL
3/11- 529 cd4, 29%, and 101 VL
8/11- 620 cd4, 30%, and 74 VL- Switched to Atripla
10/11- 580 ce4, 30%, and 62 VL
12/11- 684 cd4, 31%, and FINALLY *UD*

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 11:10:06 PM »
Hi Smithsgirl,

Welcome!

Em

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 01:57:35 AM »
Welcome to the forums.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

Ted

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 02:15:50 AM »
Welcome Smith girl, you seem to have a great attitude about it all.

Look forward to your participation here.  :)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline smithsgirl88

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »
lol, yeah was just a standard 9 month pregnancy ;) thank God. Luckily my son has been given the all clear so far, still has an 18 month blood test in a few months to confirm it but I'm pretty sure as I was undetectable when I gave birth and he had the medication afterwards for 8 weeks. He was a day before National Aids Day. Me and partner are great but obviously do have our ups and downs like any normal couple. I have only told a few close friends, mum and brother. Of which everyone was great, noone judged, noone asked how (which I think is the hardest question to me to have to answer for me). My partners on Atripla with no side effects and no resistance yet after being on it for a year and a half. I've yet to be put on the medication as I still 500 odd, CD4 wise.  There's not much we can do apart from get on with our lives. x

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 09:26:01 AM »
Welcome! Glad to hear you and your family are doing well.

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 57 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
Welcome aboard Smithsgirl, glad you have joined in.

Make yourself at home.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline WillyWump

• your ramblings bore Yamaguchi Kitteh
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »

Oh and Willy I sure hope that she hasn't been pregnant since July 2010. That would be a record long pregnancy lol

roflmao, ok so Im not so good with the numbers  :P That's your job numbersguy!

Again, welcome aboard Smithsgirl

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline AdonisSMU

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »
Welcome Girlie!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »

Welcome to the forum Smithsgirl...and  congrats on the birth of your healthy son.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline numbersguy82

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
Wow I'm really glad to hear about your son doing so well. It sounds like you have a great family dynamic going. I'm jealous. Things are really going great for you!!!
8/10- 73 cd4, 7%, and 300k VL *First Labs*
9/10- Started Norvir, Prezista, and Truvada
10/10- 511 cd4, 22%, and 886 VL
12/10- 498 cd4, 22%, and 106 VL
3/11- 529 cd4, 29%, and 101 VL
8/11- 620 cd4, 30%, and 74 VL- Switched to Atripla
10/11- 580 ce4, 30%, and 62 VL
12/11- 684 cd4, 31%, and FINALLY *UD*

Offline smithsgirl88

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 03:08:07 PM »
Don't be jealous, the only reason why things are going so well is cos I haven't had the guts to be so open about it so haven't had to deal with the stigma attached to HIV. And I don't think I will anytime soon. Partner doesn't want to put "his problem" upon anyone else, especially his family as he has kids from a previous relationship and wouldn't want to worry for them. The only realm why things have been straightforward because we were diagnosed together so had support from eachother (not that I'm happy he was diagnosed as well, would rather it was just me). At least you don't have the guilt of transmitting it someone else. x

Offline Lugzsoo

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:49 PM »
Hi smithsgirl

Welcome  hope you and yours will be well and safe

Offline Since2005

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
Hey Smithsgirl,

Welcome to the forums!!

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 07:03:38 AM »
Welcome smithsgirl , glad you decided to join and congrats on the pregnancy.
All the best
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Nextdoor_guy

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 09:35:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure as I was undetectable when I gave birth and he had the medication afterwards for 8 weeks. I've yet to be put on the medication as I still 500 odd, CD4 wise.  There's not much we can do apart from get on with our lives. x

so you took medication while pregnant, then stopped, or what's the deal cuz am bit lost around here : ))

p.s Welcome around us
There's too much confusion.

Offline smithsgirl88

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
so you took medication while pregnant, then stopped, or what's the deal cuz am bit lost around here : ))

p.s Welcome around us

when I was diagnosed my cd4 was 500 odd (I think) so wouldn't have usually been put on medication, but being pregnant I had to make my viral load undetectable so I don't infect my son, and so I could have a natural birth. think it was kaletra and combiver the combination I took which has been tested and proven risk free during pregnancy. as soon as I gave birth I could stop my medication as they had served their purpose, and by son was put on meds twice a day for 8 weeks, just in case he had caught it during the birth. the medication wasn't for me it was to make sure my son was safe. my cd4s still high(ish) so don't need medication yet :) x

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.