POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636881
  • Total Topics: 48343
  • Online Today: 304
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Divorce  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
Divorce
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:02:32 AM »
hey everyone sorry I have been away a while. I will be disseappering again but I just wanted to let everyone know I was okay. My husband wants a divorce, he waited till the end of his deployment to tell me so I sat for a year waiting for him to get ready to come and then drop it in my lap. I haven't had a job in 6 years except my entrepenaur attempts so I have two weeks to get a job, move out and start my life over.  I haven't even gone on a date in that 6 years, so this is all very new waters for me. (not that I plan to run out and go on a date)

So I just wanted everyone to know that I am okay, and will hopefully be back before the beginning of the year. 
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Online leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Divorce
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 01:33:36 AM »
ah damn. I'm very sorry to hear about this Rav. :'(
Best wishes during this hard time of moving on with your life. :-*
hang in there though. You're tough and you'll make it through this.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 02:59:21 AM »
Yea, would be nice though to come on here once and actually have some good news =)

ty Leatherman, I wish u all a great holiday season. Hoping I'll be on in time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. 
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 03:49:59 AM »
Hope you take good care of yourself during this difficult time. Its always hard to go through these life altering events AND deal with a disease that alters a person's life anyhow. For what it's worth, you aren't alone.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:29:36 AM »
I am very very sorry to hear that. What a shock.  Sending you some courage strength and luck.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 08:01:33 AM »
I am sorry, take good care and do not stay away too long.
mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »
I'm so sorry Ravhyn . My thoughts are with you .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 08:37:20 AM »
Oh Ravhyn, that just sucks! I've been wonder where you've been recently and hoped that your absence was purely down to you being busy, happy and healthy.

I can't believe he's done this to you and it sounds like you're probably better off without him. I mean, what kind of man lets you sit there, worried sick while he's overseas in dangerous territory, and then comes home and dumps this shit on you? If I could get my hands on him, I'd kick his ass for you.

I hope you manage to keep in touch in the coming weeks, even if that means slipping into a cyber-cafe now and then. We'll all be thinking of you and sending you positive energy. I know I will.

Hang in there sweetie!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
Hi Rav,

Damn! Well it'll take a while to deal with it all. One day at a time, Rav. And stay close to those who will support you and care about you, including here in the Forum. Of course the financial concerns are important, but overall you especially need caring company to get through.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Best,

Andy
Andy Velez

Offline next2u

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
hello ravhyn,

sorry to hear the crappy news. don't stay away too long and please keep in touch. man, your whole world just got turned upside down.

i won't ask many questions now but be sure to drop in when you can and let us know what's going on.

take care and stay strong.

best,
d
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »
such  sad  news  from such a great  person  , hope  you get this  straightened out  quickly...   .. feel  free to  Pm/chat if you want..

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
Hi Ravhyn

I'm so sorry to hear this, he certainly doesn't deserve you, I know it's going to be hard for you in the beginning but in time you will be able to turn you life around and start afresh, someone worth waiting for is out there somewhere just waiting for you, give it time but don't give up.

Big hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
Sorry you are going through this. I hope you find a good job. Keep us posted.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »

Divorce sucks and the way he went about it really sucks, so sorry Rav.  I know it's the least of your worries, but hang in there kiddo there's more fish in the sea.  As the others have said, please keep us updated on how you're doing. 

:(
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 04:47:21 AM »
God, what an asshole.  I'm so sorry, Rav.  Like the others have said, hang in there.  Just take one thing at a time, and try not to get overwhelmed.  Stick with people who want to help and support you.  I'll be thinking about you, and hoping for the best during this difficult situation.  Stay strong! :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
    • The Spin Cycle
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:05 PM »
I express my condolences and respect in equal measure: ouch! Yuck!
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

The revolutionary smart set reads The Spin Cycle at least once every day.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 05:12:04 AM »
People are still posting to the recipe thread so I thought to write and see if you are back online and how you are doing?  Hope you are among friends are family for the holidays. I'm sending you my best wishes for a better new year!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.