Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

AIDSmeds Forums Technical Problems: Report Them Here

<< < (21/44) > >>

bocker3:

--- Quote from: Ann on February 04, 2013, 08:43:02 AM ---Mike, I think this is most likely an issue with your computer, not the website. There are no error messages associated with your IP address and usually when it's a problem with the site, there will be error messages recorded (even when you don't see the messages yourself).

We have had a problem recently that made the site super-slow, but that has been taken care of and doesn't seem to have recurred.

Do you have access to another computer to see if the same thing happens to you on it? That would be one quick way to find out if it is indeed your computer and not the site. Let me know if you can conduct this experiment and what the outcome is.

I'm no techie when it comes to things like this, but if you discover it happens to you on computers other than the one you usually use, I can direct the problem to the appropriate site geek techie.

I really don't think this is the fault of the site, but I am prepared to stand corrected.

edited to add...

And by the way, it just occurred to me...

Are you sure you are logged in "forever"? There are several options as to how long you stay logged in for and the shortest time period is one hour.

Maybe you just haven't noticed that you're logged in for the shortest amount of time. This is the first thing you should check, and apologies if you've already sussed this out as the possible culprit.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ann,

I am logged in "forever". 

The main reason I did not think it was my computer was that this isn't happening to any other site that I remain logged into -- and because it was happening mid-session, not when I come to the site.
I don't have the issue on my iPad -- so it well could be my computer.  It is so sporadic that I can't seem to put a finger on anything that makes sense.

ah well -- if I'm the only one, then clearly the issue resides in my neck of the woods.  I know my anti-virus software is up to date, so I'll take a wait and see approach right now.  No problems thus far today.

thanks for the response
(you too Leatherman)

Mike

Joe K:
Mike,

If your problem continues, try deleting any cookie related to this site, then clear your cache and reboot.

Joe

Ann:

--- Quote from: killfoile on February 04, 2013, 07:02:17 PM ---Mike,

If your problem continues, try deleting any cookie related to this site, then clear your cache and reboot.

Joe

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of suggesting the same thing; it couldn't hurt to try. It may be easier to delete all your cookies (no Wumpers, they're not the kind of cookies you eat) rather than hunt down all the ones associated with this site.

RAB:
OK I'm still having problems with REALLY slow responce times.  This has been going on for several weeks now.

I've deleted cookies (multiple times) and defragged, neither of which seems to help.

When I try to enter a forum or thread it just sits there for several minutes and says waiting for poz.com.

I'm not experiencing this with any other web site (MSN, CNN, my local paper, etc.).

Any suggestions anyone?

RAB

leatherman:

--- Quote from: leatherman on February 03, 2013, 07:20:27 PM ---do you use a malware searcher/remover, like SpyBot?

--- End quote ---
this ^
or have you tried something like Hijackthis to see if you have some sort of malware interferring?

have you tried logging in from anywhere else? Kinda like your Ipad login, I would think you'd be okay on another PC, which would mean the problem IS something going wrong with your PC. It'll just be a matter now of using the right software to figure out what the problem is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version