Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Co-Q10

<< < (3/5) > >>

madbrain:

--- Quote from: emex27 on July 27, 2012, 05:32:44 PM ---My CD4 was 612 in Nov 2011. My D3 level was however very low...  8.28 as I have been staying out of the Sun. I started taking D3 supplements 20,000 IU and Co-Q10 200mg a day and today I got my CD4 results..... It is 935!!!

--- End quote ---

I doubt your CD4 count increase is related to the Coq10. More likely the D3. What's your new D3 level now ?

I take about 12,000 IU a day of D3 and that is quite a bit, but I determined that is what I need after many D3 levels tests. I get my D3 level checked with almost all my labs. I try to keep it in the 40 to 60 range. It was 12 originally.

emex27:

--- Quote from: madbrain on July 27, 2012, 07:42:08 PM ---I doubt your CD4 count increase is related to the Coq10. More likely the D3. What's your new D3 level now.

--- End quote ---

I have not done a D3 test yet... I will do it next month and I will post the result.

Nevertheless, I think it does not hurt me to continue with Co-Q10 and D3 and I hope my CD4 count will continue to rise... It gives me some mental satisfaction too.

thanks

madbrain:

--- Quote from: emex27 on July 28, 2012, 07:57:03 AM ---I have not done a D3 test yet... I will do it next month and I will post the result.

Nevertheless, I think it does not hurt me to continue with Co-Q10 and D3 and I hope my CD4 count will continue to rise... It gives me some mental satisfaction too.

thanks

--- End quote ---

Agree it likely does not hurt except your wallet in the case of the CoQ10.

Re: the D3, you do need to monitor your levels. While it takes a LOT of D3 to get an overdose, 20,000 IU a day is still not negligible. The ideal D3 level to shoot for is between 30-70 ng/ml.
You usually need to take a bit less in the summer vs winter.

Wahoo1:
First time posting but I have been visiting this forum since diagnosed in late jan of this yr.  In feb my labs showed 379 cd4 count.  I started complera then, and the next lab showed 419 which was disappointing even though I was undetectable.  The next lab I was 410 which was even more disappointing, even though the dr tells me the important thing is being undetectable.  After that I was reading this post and started 100 mg of CoQ10 as well as a multi vitamin and a probiotic. I take the three vits and med every day with lunch.  Just went to the dr yesterday and cd4= 492.  I know.. I know. I'm relatively new to treatment and it is the only thing that is saving my health but I am going to continue the vits for a lil while then I might stop and see what happens.  Thanks for all the info shared on these forums. It has been a great help for me to educate myself and have some piece of mind.  I am taking this relatively well and from what I have gathered we stand a great shot at living normal lifespans and seeing better treatment in the future. Sorry for rambling.  Thanks again.

darryaz:
I think I'll try it, just for fun.  Gaining a couple hundred CD-4 points would make me feel like a rock star.  And if it doesn't work all I've lost is 20 bucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version