Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Nutrition, Wumpette Style

<< < (652/908) > >>

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on August 12, 2013, 05:01:52 PM ---Homemade breadcrumbs are delicious in a simple pasta dish like this, though I also add dried pepper flakes and when ramps are in season substitute them for the parsley and garlic. I frequently buy pain de campagne and save the ends in the freezer to make breadcrumbs.

But like you when I make chicken I prefer to roast a whole one, or just grill boneless breasts (though I should say "de-boned" as I remove the bone myself).

--- End quote ---

mitch777:
Has anyone had a Casaba melon? I never heard of it before and do enjoy melons (fruit  ;).). They're on sale this week and thought I would give it a go.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-casaba-melon.htm#slideshow

BT65:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on August 18, 2013, 04:42:11 PM ---Has anyone had a Casaba melon? I never heard of it before and do enjoy melons (fruit  ;).). They're on sale this week and thought I would give it a go.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-casaba-melon.htm#slideshow

--- End quote ---

I like some melons also but have never heard of the casaba.  The only thing I read in your link that would give me hesitation, was the author saying it isn't as flavorful as other melons.  I don't eat honeydew because I don't think it has much flavor.  If this has less, I wonder what its flavor value would be.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: BT65 on August 18, 2013, 05:12:56 PM ---I like some melons also but have never heard of the casaba.  The only thing I read in your link that would give me hesitation, was the author saying it isn't as flavorful as other melons.  I don't eat honeydew because I don't think it has much flavor.  If this has less, I wonder what its flavor value would be.
--- End quote ---

Guess it needs lemon juice. :)
I'm gonna try it and report back.

I don't eat too much honeydew either for the same reason. Maybe dunked in dark chocolate?  ;)

pozniceguy:
yes  have  had them  and  make a nice  mixed  "fruit plate "  when you  scoop  some  watermelon, cantelope  and pineapple  in a bowl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version