Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Nutrition, Wumpette Style

<< < (645/901) > >>

skeebo1969:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on July 27, 2013, 05:48:42 PM ---^ Meanwhile I was doing my Post-margarita Saturday afternoon shopping at Walmart

Ps- Lucky Charms now has 3 new rainbow colors!

--- End quote ---

In my house you're lucky if you get any marshmallows in your bowl.  Both my girls pick them all out when I'm  not looking.  I call it Unlucky Charms.

WillyWump:
The Stem Cell Burger is here!!! and reportedly tastes "close to meat".

Thank goodness we wont be seeing this on the drive thru McDonalds menu anytime soon as it cost about $330k to make and is created in a petri dish

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/aug/05/lab-grown-hamburger-synthetic-meat

This reminds me of that scene in Soylent Green where the guy has an extremely rare "real" piece of beef in a society of manufactured foods. Is this on the Horizon for us? Hopefully I'll be 6 feet under before that happens

buginme2:
Fascinating, sign me up.

Current beef production methods not only are unsustainable, but production is pretty much at a max.  This would help the environment, reducing greenhouse gases, improving the health of the people eating it and of course, better for cows.

sounds like a win win win.

mecch:
If the day comes we can't sustain cheap beef production, wouldn't there be enough real food that we could eat, instead of this beef simulation. Simulated food is for the most part not the answer. 
Beef will still be around it'll just be expensive again even for people in so called rich countries. 

darryaz:
If beef becomes unavailable I think I'd opt for this before trying "engineered" fake beef.

These are amazingly good.  My mother discovered them a while back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version