Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Nutrition, Wumpette Style

<< < (619/967) > >>

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on June 22, 2013, 07:43:47 PM ---I ended up using them to roast a pan of potatoes, and they were delicious. I almost bought more today but figured I'll wait and get some next time.

--- End quote ---
scape season is short.
my guess is they might not be around in another week or 2.
so you oven roasted them with the potatoes? S/P evoo?

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on June 22, 2013, 07:49:44 PM ---
so you oven roasted them with the potatoes? S/P evoo?

--- End quote ---

>>> S/P evoo? -- what's that mean?

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on June 22, 2013, 05:22:32 PM ---Farmers' Market Day -- this one at Rittenhouse Square (btw, Mitchypoo -- there were garlic scapes galore)

purple scallions, strawberries, blueberries, peas, a blueberry scone, fleur de sel caramels (obsessed), local honey, and tuscan kale

--- End quote ---
Wow, so very....those peas look like they were dumped from a can, the blueberries look like something that might hang in Texas, and I am not talking about a tree, and those things that are supposedly strawberries, well, bless your heart for supporting your local farmers, sad as that might be. Oh the glory of living in Southern California!

That is what local strawberries look like in Germany, France, and Switzerland, too.
I dunno what you think you are getting in Southern California, but i guess its local "industrial" strawberries for the national and international markets.
If I want that kind of strawberry here in Switzerland, the berries come from Spain.  They are cheap. large, succulent looking, and vary i taste from a crunchy lightly sweet "fruit rind" taste, to "strawberry, but not sweet", to "wow, amazing!".   
And buying them puts locals farmers out of business.
And they come with a carbon footprint.
And pesticides....

Bon appetite.

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on June 22, 2013, 08:37:31 PM ---yes

>>> S/P evoo? -- what's that mean?

--- End quote ---

I would mention Rachael here but what if next week she turns out to be a misogynist?  Best to bite my tongue.     

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version