Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Nutrition, Wumpette Style

<< < (619/934) > >>

mitch777:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on June 22, 2013, 07:43:47 PM ---I ended up using them to roast a pan of potatoes, and they were delicious. I almost bought more today but figured I'll wait and get some next time.

--- End quote ---
scape season is short.
my guess is they might not be around in another week or 2.
so you oven roasted them with the potatoes? S/P evoo?

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on June 22, 2013, 07:49:44 PM ---
so you oven roasted them with the potatoes? S/P evoo?

--- End quote ---

yes

>>> S/P evoo? -- what's that mean?

ds4146:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on June 22, 2013, 05:22:32 PM ---Farmers' Market Day -- this one at Rittenhouse Square (btw, Mitchypoo -- there were garlic scapes galore)

purple scallions, strawberries, blueberries, peas, a blueberry scone, fleur de sel caramels (obsessed), local honey, and tuscan kale

--- End quote ---
Wow, so very....those peas look like they were dumped from a can, the blueberries look like something that might hang in Texas, and I am not talking about a tree, and those things that are supposedly strawberries, well, bless your heart for supporting your local farmers, sad as that might be. Oh the glory of living in Southern California!

mecch:
That is what local strawberries look like in Germany, France, and Switzerland, too.
I dunno what you think you are getting in Southern California, but i guess its local "industrial" strawberries for the national and international markets.
If I want that kind of strawberry here in Switzerland, the berries come from Spain.  They are cheap. large, succulent looking, and vary i taste from a crunchy lightly sweet "fruit rind" taste, to "strawberry, but not sweet", to "wow, amazing!".   
And buying them puts locals farmers out of business.
And they come with a carbon footprint.
And pesticides....

Bon appetite.

Habersham:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on June 22, 2013, 08:37:31 PM ---yes

>>> S/P evoo? -- what's that mean?

--- End quote ---

I would mention Rachael here but what if next week she turns out to be a misogynist?  Best to bite my tongue.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version