Main Forums > Positive Women

the effects of Gastric Bypass and women living with HIV

<< < (2/3) > >>

ihopei:
hello, i had a gastric sleeve in march, i was 269 and i lost 100lbs, don't have any complication with hiv treatment, so let me know if u need more info. the doctor advised me sleeve because he was afraid with bypass i'll not digest treatments. take care xoxoxo

starmarc1:
Wow that's great ihopei, my insurance won't pay for sleeve. Are you on meds?...did your tcell and viral load go crazy after surgery?

starmarc1:
hello, i had so much success with the gastric bypass, i am not on any meds and i have dropped 71lbs so far. will keep up with better updates!!

niecy_nurse:
I had my gastric sleeve done June 15th and was diagnosed with HIV July 6. I started taking Complera a week ago and it must be taken with at least a 400 calorie meal.  Because of the surgery, I get full quickly, so I hope that the med work. I am happy with the the results, being that I have lost 55 lbs thus far. Good luck to you.

Niecy

nicki763:
thanks I am 45 and had RNY 3/21/13 and it has been hard to keep all my meds down. I have a lot to take and I get sick and am tired a lot. I have been looking for some one who have had surgery who also has HIV to talk to about getting through this hard time :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version