Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

American Horror Story...

<< < (2/62) > >>

leatherman:

--- Quote from: David_NC on October 27, 2011, 09:16:05 AM ---I believe FX (Fox Extended) is still owned by Fox
--- End quote ---
yeppers. but one is a broadcast network and the other one is a paid channel which doesn't have the same restrictions to abide by as the broadcast network. Ownership is NOT the issue; but censorship/regulation of various subsidities. In other media (like Comedy Central, ScyFy, FOXnews and FOX Movies) you'll see and hear a lot of stuff that is not permissable by the FCC on FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS.

Hence, as I pointed out, FX is NOT the broadcast FOX channel. Perhaps if so much of our media wasn't owned by so few, these channels wouldn't be so easily confused as being similar. ;)

mecch:
Im not getting all the evll logic behind the characters.  The maid is reanimated? Or a ghost? Jessica Lange is a sort of Mistress of Hellish creatures, or just busy body on the sidelines? 
I know the audience deals differently with the credibility of characters in horror, but i'm having a tough time seeing how this might all hang together successfully for awhile.

denb45:
Hate to break it to ya'll about this very popular TV-Show, but if your like me and you have Direct-TV , they might be pulling the plug on this show come NOV 1st, if this happens, I will not be able to even see part 2
of last night's episode  are any of it  ???

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/27/idUS184274806720111027

leatherman:

--- Quote from: mecch on October 27, 2011, 03:21:17 PM ---Im not getting all the evll logic behind the characters.  The maid is reanimated? Or a ghost? Jessica Lange is a sort of Mistress of Hellish creatures, or just busy body on the sidelines? 
I know the audience deals differently with the credibility of characters in horror, but i'm having a tough time seeing how this might all hang together successfully for awhile.

--- End quote ---
you might be interested in reading this weekly blog/recap/explanation
‘American Horror Story’: Its weirdness deciphered ... sort of
after previously recapping and deciphering episodes of "Lost", they try to decipher the many WTF?! moments from each episode.

(btw my nephew loaned me all 6 seasons of Lost and this evening, I'm finally down to watching the last episode. woohoo. I've been watching 2 to 3 shows, every other day or so, which means I've been watching Lost for nearly two months now and I'm ready for it to end. LOL)

Lange's part was originally conceived as just a nosy neighbor; but to move from NYC to LA to film she required the part be enlarged. So the story now is that Constance (and Adelaide) used to live in the "murder house" and Constance just might be the mother of Tate, who is probably a ghost too. Addy will probably become a ghost now too, after Constance dragged her off the street and onto the property to die in last nite's episode.

(sorry for the spoiler there. some of this I actually understand a bit now from reading that blog and by watching all the episodes on Hulu back-to-back, so I got a sembelance of continuity. By episode 3 from last night, bits of stuff from 1 and 2 are starting to make "sense" - well at least some sense. The story lines are very choppy, very sparse, and not at all coherent)

The maid Moira is proably a ghost too (seen as old to some and young to others). She was only able to leave the house/grounds and roam to visit her dying mother because the story purports that on Halloween the spirits roam and walk among the living. That's why the Quintos couple were able to be "fluffers" and help with the Halloween decorations in the last ep.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: denb45 on October 27, 2011, 03:39:54 PM ---if your like me and you have Direct-TV , they might be pulling the plug on this show come NOV 1st, if this happens, I will not be able to even see part 2
--- End quote ---
watch it over on http://www.hulu.com/american-horror-story
(oh lookie! new beavis and butthead! I forgot about that! Thanks Hulu!)

--- Quote from: denb45 on October 27, 2011, 03:39:54 PM ---http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/27/idUS184274806720111027

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Sutter's original script wasn't nearly as tame as the promo that eventually ran. Here's the script he posted on his blog:

"DirecTV is shutting down all conversation and using their customers as leverage. In the process, you're getting fucked over. They're running ads with their corporate shill telling you how much 'They care about your business.' That dude's got one sincere hand on his heart while the other greases your unsuspecting backside. Because they're about to flip you overr and fuck you up the ass till you bleed."

--- End quote ---
ROFLMAO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version