POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 01:53:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23065
  • Latest: MikeDH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632172
  • Total Topics: 47869
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 149
Total: 152

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: All ARS symptoms, my exposure was frottage  (Read 6052 times)

Offline daniel63

All ARS symptoms, my exposure was frottage
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
Hi,

I start saying that i'm terrified and sorry for my bad english, i'm a foreigner.My story started 8 and a half weeks ago.i was visiting a massage parol here in Romania.The girl( don't know her hiv status) start rubbing hard her vagine over my penis.There wasn't any kind of penetration, i sure about this, but the frottage was really hard.Next day, i felt somethink is wrong with my penis.After 3 days my penis become red and i had a burning feeling.I went to a dermatologist and he gave me metronidazol and doxycycline for 1 week.After that the burning was still there, i went another doctor who gave me cyprofloxacin for 1 week(1g each day).From now on, started my concerns regarding hiv.After 2 weeks from my exposure, i had feverish for 4-5 weeks.After 1 more week i had high fever and very bad diarrhea, about 3 days(doctor say that can be due to medicins i took).After 1 week more, all other symptoms have shown: white tongue, burning legs and hands, fatigue, constipation/diarrhea, feverish senzation, some sort of inflamation in all body, i lost some kg, night sweats and so.Now i want to ask you some questions:

1.All my symptoms are due the ARS?
2.I get tasted for many times.Last time was 8 weeks after the incident, and was a "anti HIV 1+2 antigen/antibody" test, i don't know witch generation( i think 3 or 4).How do u think about my test?I forgot, all my test was negative.
3.I saw here, a lot of peoples with the same symptoms after having frottage, and they test negative.i think it's strange, don't u think?Do u ever heard someone get Hiv after having frottage exposure.
4.I read a lot of posts here, i say that a antibody test it conclusive at 13 weeks, and even at 8 weeks we can trust in it.In my country the doctors say to get test at 6 mounth and 12 mounth.How do u think about that?
5.Now i'm waiting for my PCR result.

Please help me with all the information that u have regarding of my post.I' m destroyed.

Thank you so much

Offline RapidRod

Re: All ARS symptoms, my exposure was frottage
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »
You never had an exposure and don't need testing for HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:14:30 PM »
No matter what happened with frottage and no matter how "hard," it's not a risk.

You need to know the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. So if you consistently use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

There is no need for testing nor for further concern about HIV on your part in relation to this incident.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »
Thank you very much Andy,

I beg you to answer my questions, and to give me some more informations regarding my post.You already makes me feel better but please give me some more detail about what do u think about my incident.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
None of your symptons are in any way HIV specific. But then you need to know that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. You didn't have an HIV risk, but if you had one, only an HIV test at the proper time (3 months) can tell you about your status accurately.

Simply because you have not had an adequate diagnosis and treatment of your symptoms does not by default mean the problem is HIV. Because it isn't. You need to find the right doctor who can diagnose and treat your situation. We do not diagnose here. We can only say with certainty that given what you have reported of your activities, the problem is not HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »
Ok, thx.I only want to ask u, statistic how many people get positiv after 8 weeks?

This is final questions.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
You never had a risk of contracting HIV, now move along.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a risky incident.

You need to stop this unnecessary worrying and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »
Hi again,

I only want to ask, if the girl had a STD's(she had something because i had a burning in my penis for 2 weeks) change anything in your answer.It' s posible to get other STD(not Hiv) in my case?

Thank you, for understand my panic.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »
Your burning sensation in your penis is something to discuss with your doctor. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. We can't diagnose anything in this setting.

But HIV is not your problem as you have already been told.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 12:49:17 AM »
Hi,

Just for my information, i want to ask you about the test "anti Hiv 1+2 antigen/antibody".Psease give me some more information about this test.I've heart that the antigen p24 is detectable only 6 weeks after posible infection.Is that true?At 8 weeks is not anymore detectable?I just want to know what do u think about this test.

Thanks guys!!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 01:04:22 AM »
The test you mentioned provides a rather high number of false positives. It is not used as a reliable diagnostic test.

You had no risk. Is that too difficult to understand?
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline daniel63

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 01:21:30 AM »
No, i understand, the probleme is that also my girlfriend has a sore throat now and muscle pain.That's why i'm so worry....try to understand me, please.Why do u say, that this test is not good?I' m confused, because, here the doctor says it's a good test.

Thanks

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 02:38:57 AM »
I really don't know what to tell you. Frottage is not a risk for HIv. It's not scientifically possible. Your girlfriend might have a sore throat, but it certainly isn't HIV - certainly not from from you.

The only reliable test for HIV is the standard ELISA and WESTERN BLOT. If this is the combinationt est you were referencing, then it is indeed reliable. Most people seroconvert by six weeks, but some people take as long as three months.

Of course, this is irrelevant in your case because unless there is something you did not disclose in your initial post, you CAN NOT have gotten HIV from the behavior as you describe it.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline daniel63

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 03:06:37 AM »
Thank you very much for your reply,

Yes, the only exposure i had was frottage, but she was rubbing hard her vagine over my penis.Do u never heard anyone get infected in the way?I think some vaginal secretions was at my penis.I'm so terrified, please help me.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 03:43:27 AM »
Thank you very much for your reply,

Yes, the only exposure i had was frottage, but she was rubbing hard her vagine over my penis.Do u never heard anyone get infected in the way?I think some vaginal secretions was at my penis.I'm so terrified, please help me.

In the history of the pandemic, NO ONE has ever been documented as having gotten HIV through the manner you described.

Which makes sense, seeing as how the science behind HIV simply does not allow it. HIV can NOT exist as a viable pathogen in an aerobic (oxygen-based) environment. The virus is far too fragile. It can't be done in a lab, in a petri dish, in ape and monkey testing with SHIV, SIV or HIV.

It is a scientific impossibility.

Notwithstanding that the vaginal fluids you encounter during frottage are NOT infectious. They come from glands that produce lubrication, and are more closely related to sweat or tears. The infectious fluids are deep within the cervix, a place you will only encounter through penetrative (deep penetrative) vaginal sex.

You have NOT had a risk for HIV infection. Believe me, we would certainly tell you if you had.

Welcome Thread

Offline daniel63

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 04:17:52 AM »
Thx,

I'll hope will be ok.May i ask u, from your experience with real seropozitives, which time took to seroconvert.

Thx for informations

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 04:45:33 AM »
It is hard to answer that. Many if not most people are simply not obsessed with HIV as you seem to be. When they test positive, it is usually during a routine test - which every sexually active person who is not in a mututally assured monogamous relationship should be.

I can say that on my seven plus years on this forum, I have never seen a person test negative at six weeks who then tests positive at three months.

However, please understand that you HAVE NOT HAD A RISK.

PLEASE understand how HIV is transmitted. It will save you a lot of worry and make sex more enjoyable for you AND your partners.

Welcome Thread

Offline daniel63

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 05:07:06 AM »
Ok, you really help me, i appreciate.I was worried, because here in Romania, the doctors recomands test at 6 mounth and 12 mounth.I read a lot on internet and i saw that most says that testing at 3 mounth it's conclusive, even 8 weeks it's a good indicator.

Thx again

Offline daniel63

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »
Could u tell me, what time is the recomandation to test HIV in USA?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 07:49:52 AM »
3 months is the standard for testing for HIV in the US. The only exceptions for testing out to 6 months are situations which involve longterm intravenous drug use, organ transplant or treatment for cancer.

All generations of tests in use today will give a reliable result at 3 months.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 08:28:32 AM »
Ok, thx

Offline daniel63

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »
Quick update:

I just receveid the result for my HIV 1-ARN PCR test - undetectable, it was made 7 weeks and a half after the incident.Do u think this test it' s conclusive?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »
No matter what happened with frottage and no matter how "hard," it's not a risk.

You need to know the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. So if you consistently use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

There is no need for testing nor for further concern about HIV on your part in relation to this incident.

Get on with your life.

You never needed to test to begin with because you didn't have a risk. So no, you don't need to test any further. You are HIV negative. And now I am going to warn you that if you continue to return here over this non-risk incident you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site. HIV is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
Ok,

Best wishes!And thank u so much!

Offline daniel63

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 08:27:50 AM »
Hi again,

I just want to ask u something.I understud very clearly your opinion, and thank you so much.I think i spoked with over than 20 guys on internet whitch had almost the same simptoms like me and they tested negative at 13 weeks.My questions is: something hapend now?could be other type of virus?Guys i just want to ask....dont u thing something haped?

Thank u all

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 08:31:56 AM »
I don't know what you mean by "some other type of virus." As you have been told repeatedly, HIV is not your problem. If you continue to have symptoms that trouble you, discuss them with your doctor.

We don't have anything more to add at this time. As you were warned, I am giving you a Time Out for 28 days for returning again about the same problem.

Don't make the mistake of trying to get around the TO by creating a new account. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned. Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 03:09:38 AM »
Hi,

I'm back.Please don't bann me.You do a great job here, i appreciate.I only want to put here some update.I tested negative at 13 weeks with "HIV 1/2 ac/ag".Also my PCR RNA came back undetectable at 7 weeks.Anyway my symptoms are still here and the oral thrush is so bad.The doctor don't know what to do.Please answer 2 questions for me:

1.I read here a lot of posts, guys with minimal risk who have a lot of symptoms, i m convinced that you know better than me.A lot of them test negative.I really don t understand why hundreds of guys have same symptoms after a sexual encounter.Do you really think it s not HIV related?
2.I read in "i just tested positive" a lot of posts  with guys that claim to test positive after 7-8 mounth.It's true?

Please don't bann me guys, this site help me a lot.

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »
Dan,

1. We don't think it's not hiv related, we KNOW it's not hiv related when they test negative. We also know it's not hiv related when they had no risk.

2. No. You're misinterpreting what you read. They've tested positive after their last negative result because they've engaged in risky behaviours in between times. Just because they don't spell out their last risk in the lurid detail we see in this forum doesn't mean they didn't fuck without a condom. Do us all a favour and stay out of that forum - you're not supposed to be in there.

You are conclusively hiv negative over a NO RISK incident. It's time you stopped focusing on hiv.

If your current doctor can't find out what, if anything, is wrong with you, then maybe you need a new doctor. We cannot help you with that here.

If you come back again questioning this NO RISK, conclusive NEGATIVE situation, you WILL be given a Time Out.

Please consider yourself warned for the LAST time!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline daniel63

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »
Hi all,

Please don't bann me.I just want to post a quick update.I tested positive for lyme dissease.I'm waiting for WB confirmation for lyme.

Thank you guys

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 08:38:18 AM »
Well having Lyme disease doesn't have any connection with HIV. Keep working with your doctor to get that properly treated. HIV is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 08:01:18 PM »
Hi all,

I don t want to ask anythink, i just want to update.My WB for lyme came back negative, i was happy that i finally know what is going on, but unfortunately it's not lyme.My last HIV test was at 15 weeks and was negative.

Thank you for great job guys!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 08:28:25 PM »
OK. And get on with your life. Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline daniel63

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 03:39:02 PM »
Hi all,

I dont want to ask anything, just to let you know that my 6 mounths test was negative.I wanted to post this for others worried in hiv infection.I still experiencied some symptoms but i think i'm ok.Thank you all for great job.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
You're welcome. Glad to know you tested negative. That's no surprise to us since nothing you reported would have put you at risk for HIV.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.