POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 10:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23510
  • Latest: yuanti
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639618
  • Total Topics: 48549
  • Online Today: 206
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 152
Total: 156

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Terra Nova... meh  (Read 857 times)

Offline poz91

Terra Nova... meh
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
Anybody else watch the 2 hour pilot episode last night?

...silly me, I was so excited about this new show that I actually marked the premier date on my calendar.

Instead of an intelligent sci-fi drama, though, it's a cliche 90210-ish tween drama with dinosaurs... original 90210, with Brenda & Brandon moving to a new city and trying to fit in with the local high school aged crowd.

And miraculously, all of the Terra Nova teens are well adjusted, normal, fashionable, and beautiful... completely unaffected by the toxic and deathly polluted future world they came from and completely oblivious to the dangers of the new carnivorous environment they now live in (even the ones who were orphaned when mommy and daddy went on the menu).

Problem with this premise is that the audience they are trying to appeal to is probably too busy tweeting and playing X-Box Live to tune in.

Hopefully they'll realise more quickly than Stargate Universe did who their real audience is and focus more on the adult storylines before it's too late... the show does have great potential if they would just ditch the kiddy plots and teen love interests.   

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Terra Nova... meh
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
completely oblivious to the dangers of the new carnivorous environment they now live in

focus more on the adult storylines before it's too late... the show does have great potential if they would just ditch the kiddy plots and teen love interests.   
I kinda liked it; but totally agree with these 2 pts ^^
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:27:35 AM »
Hmm... sounds disappointing. I was looking forward to it - I think it starts here next week, or possibly the week after.

One reason I'm interested is, after seeing the trailers, I want to know how they get the fuel for the vehicles if they're back in pre-history. I mean, that's when the oil (and coal) deposits were being laid down, no? Or am I just confuzzled?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline zach

• not fade away
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:07:16 PM »
jason o'mara

other than that, the show sucks
gonna go up to the mountain, for to find a little peace
looking over the valley, for the beauty i see
out across the hills, forevermore

Offline WillyWump

• your ramblings bore Yamaguchi Kitteh
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:09:15 PM »
It's on my DVR, I am saving it for one of those nights that I cant sleep and nothing else worthwhile is on.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »
While it is pretty formula - it is able to bring tired storylines into a different realm (prehistoric times).  I like it more as mindless entertainment - nothing more, nothing less.  They have the ability to incorporate some cool storylines - while still throwing in the tried and true (and tired) imbedded stories of lust, jealousy, greed, fear, betrayal, loss, etc., etc.

I plan to keep watching - although, if I missed an episode I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.  I give them credit for at least "going back in time."  Kind of takes me back to "Land of the Lost" but with better special effects and computer generated graphics.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline poz1970

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »
You really need to give shows a little longer to develop!!

I personally enjoyed it, much better than the continual reality shows.  With any luck, Dean Geyer will end up with his shirt off in some coming episodes :-D

Hopefully the characters/plot develops into something really interesting, there is soooo little sci-fi on tv these days :-(

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.