Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Whats his problem?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote ---Matty you are right.  And I have no plans of getting married so I couldnt care less either way.  I just like to rile up the masses.  Im no Alpha Bitch...how about Uber Bitch?
--- End quote ---

No Jeffy, you can do better than that. I know you're educated and a smart fella and you've known me long enough to appreciate that I won't fall for blather.

If you couldn't care less, why post the link at all?

MtD

Iggy:

Matty the Damned:
Iggy,

The most insightful response in this thread so far has been made by Hal, closely followed by yourself. Matty the Damned just busts through the wall of ignorance so that the subtle people can take up the debate.

Hal's point is excellent and illuminates what I was saying. Gay marriage is a wedge issue designed to distract queer activists from the task at hand, violence, health care and basic issues of discrimination. The loony right love to dangle this issue out there to confound the tedious moderate progressives and the soft-cock left. Whilst they wring hands over the tortured issue of two lezzo's wanting to get married in the local Baptist Church and have cats, faggots and dykes around the world are dying.

In token whereof I cite, Jamaica, Saudi Aradia, Russia and Iran.

Let's focus on Iran for a second shall we? Not so long ago (and yes I have the pictures which I'll post if I have to) two young gay men were flogged and then hanged publicly for being gay. At the time of the "offences" they were 16 and 18 respectively.

For real. Two gay bois hanged for gettin' it on in the way that comes natural to them. In our day that MAY have gotten you kicked out of home. It got me expelled from boarding school. I don't give a shit if you live in Australia or Darkest Peru -- that's not a hanging offence. But the Islamic Republic of Iran begs to differ. Meanwhile, the hugest issue on the queer agenda in Australia, the US, Canada, the UK and the EU is gay marriage.

What the fuck?

But so long as John can bequeath the Bed and Breakfast in rural Victoria to his partner James without the family being able to object in court, those two boys can die in vain.

Bugger that. Equality is a myth.

MtD

JeffInNYC:

--- Quote from: matty.the.damned on June 04, 2006, 10:47:23 AM ---No Jeffy, you can do better than that. I know you're educated and a smart fella and you've known me long enough to appreciate that I won't fall for blather.

If you couldn't care less, why post the link at all?

MtD

--- End quote ---

Well I guess I do care...but not so much about the marriage per se.  I just feel like he is trying to pull one over on us - yet again.  Shady.

aztecan:
I too have grave reservations about gay marriage and marriage in general. Lot of rot if you ask me.

Iggy, keep espousing thoughts like that and I could fall for you. (Well, you know what I mean.)

Many years ago, I realized that Jane and John Middle America was never going to accept me as an equal. To some degree, this become less overt, but I still think it shows through quite clearly when certain buttons are pushed such as marriage, adoption, etc.

I also decided many years ago to flip convention the proverbial bird. I really don't care what "ordinary" people think or how they live. I am not ordinary, don't want to be and have no intention of conforming to try to "fit in."

I'm not saying I am superior or inferior, although I do think gay people are somewhat superior on some levels. But I am different and celebrate that whenever possible.

This latest ploy by Shrub is nothing more than a diversion tactic.  The Republicans know they're in trouble and are pulling out all the stops to get their fat asses out of the fire.

Just my 2 worth.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version