Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

Medicare stepped up for Sculptra and Radiesse...

<< < (5/5)

klipsch:
Didn't know about the change of hands...but was told last week that the patient assistance program was limiting to 2 kits for the 2 year application period. I ran into this I'm going to say somewhere in the 2009 - 2011 time period, since I started this thread Sept 2011. Now that was based on my initially applying for PA back in the earlier years of my treatment...even though I never took advantage of the offering at $400 for 2 kits (based on income). Back then I believe they allowed 6 kits in the 2 year period that the application was valid for. Somebody fresh into the program may be allowed more kits now...but I was told 2 kits per 2 years by the PA rep the last time I needed to deal with them, and they weren't hospitable in any way shape or form. That same attitude from the PA department was confirmed when I spoke to my doctor last week, when I asked about whether or not Medicare was still covering the treatments. I believe the conversation went along the line of "They're not doing anything more than the 2 kits every two years. They would rather charge me full price for the material than help the patient.."

LATE EDIT: Now I remember how it goes. 6 kits (12 vials) during the initial two year application period. Then you only get 2 kits (4 vials) every two year application period afterward for maintenance.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: klipsch on July 18, 2012, 11:55:21 AM ---
LATE EDIT: Now I remember how it goes. 6 kits (12 vials) during the initial two year application period. Then you only get 2 kits (4 vials) every two year application period afterward for maintenance.

--- End quote ---

I'll follow up on what my doctor says when I get the next refresher. I just had one done in May and they were the last 2 vials from the Dermik stock so I had to fill out new forms, and that's also how I knew that the company entity had changed.

I could probably survive on 2 vials/year if that is true, but I had a fairly detailed conversation with my doctor and he did not articulate what you stated up above. I went 17 months before ever getting a refresher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version