HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

very worried

(1/7) > >>

ranger1:
Hi every1,
I recieved oral sex from a prostitute 4 months ago and although i wore a condom it split and i never realised till after, the blow job only lasted a couple of minutes, i recently had the flu and am still coughing up phlegm all the time, Could this be linked to hiv infection? im so worried

RapidRod:
No, receiving a blowjob is not a risk for HIV.

ranger1:
But what if there was a cut or sore in her mouth, could that not cause infection?

RapidRod:
The risk would have been to her not you and a very small risk at that.

Ann:
ranger,

Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it.

Please read through the HIV Transmission Lesson

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. Although you do not need to test over this specific incident, if you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version