POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620343
  • Total Topics: 46738
  • Online Today: 216
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Because I'm excited and bursting at the seams!  (Read 2323 times)

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
Because I'm excited and bursting at the seams!
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:33:35 PM »
No one is answering their phone, dammit!!

When my husband was alive, he was on disability, thus had no health insurance because it was way expensive to put him on my insurance at work.  So, he went medicaid.  With that, he qualified for Ryan White and other assistance which allowed him to get his medications for free from the health department.

Just before he passed, there was a program that was  explained to me that could be helpful should I qualify for it.  We never did it because I felt we were in a position of not really needing it, and I don't like to take advantage of the system, especially if someone who needs it more than me is there.

When he passed, I figured my co-pays were low enough, coverage cost was low, so I didn't think I needed the program.  But lately, I have found myself in a situation that I can't seem to get my head above water.  I'm barely making ends meet, and don't have any money that I can spend on my daughter (which, we all know teenagers CONSTANTLY need money!).  So, in a panic, I called the health department, and talked to someone.  I explained my situation, and now have an appointment with someone to fill out the paperwork to apply for the MedCo assistance...

What this program does is covers  your prescription co-pays as well as your insurance premiums each month.  If I'm approved (which the girl seems to think I have a good chance!), I will get around 100-170 a month to help with my medications!!

So, I'm hoping that I qualify, that I get approved.  Lord knows I could use this money right now!

Cross your fingers!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: Because I'm excited and bursting at the seams!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 07:36:35 PM »
Izzy...   ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 07:58:10 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:11:29 PM by cowandalehouse »

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 08:04:56 PM »
Hello Izzy,

Good for you !I also don't believe in having to use the system, if I can avoid to, but if the time comes where I have to, you can be assured I will. I've been working since I was 16. I am almost 55. I've been paying into the system all these years, you better believe I will take back, when I need to !!!

Good for you, hope things work out !

All the best------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of DEC 9th, 2013,  t-cells are at 437 Viral load  <40 .

Current % is at 16% (L)

62 years young.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 08:06:18 PM »
Hi Izzy

I've got fingers and toes crossed..keep us posted.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 09:38:05 PM »
izzy.,,,

I'm hoping for the best.  Good luck....
robert

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 10:32:01 PM »
hi  izzy,you know its not taking from the system,you work and therfor are considered as a member of the very system your avoiding,listen here,if you need the help get it,thats what  its there for.not like your applying for welfare at 15 different addresses,now thats taking from the system.and yes i understand girls need all the things they want,and yesterday wasnt fast enough,but its the fact that you could qualify that speaks voluems to me.and if you dont get the help you need mabey the next person in line really is one who is going to take advantage of the system.so just do it,you may be pleasntly surprised ;)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 10:38:14 PM »
Hello Izzy, it is Eldon.

I wish to extend my BEST wishes to you on your appointment and my fingers are crossed.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 10:39:29 PM »
Hello Izzy,

Fingers, toes and all the cats paws in the house are crossed!  Hoping for the best!

:)
Drew

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 11:18:11 PM »
Thanks all.  I haven't felt this excited about something in a long time.  And so far only my mom has called me back, LOL.

And as for not feeling bad about taking from the system.. yes, I work hard to pay for the system I now need from, but it's my need for doing things on my own... to prove that I can do it.  It's just me.. I take that from my mom.

The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 11:50:37 PM »
Crossing even my Valentino Tie for you. (Hey, do  not laugh at it...For a gay guy, THAT is important...And I see my tie in front of me)

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »
Long and short of it...

They are gonna pay my prescription co-pays!! Woohoo!!
I can't tell you how excited I am, yet kinda sad that I don't have anyone to hug me for celebration. I have been missing my husband a lot lately, because I used to talk to him about everything.

Izzy is doing a happy dance right now, so don't laugh... It's not pretty!! LOL.

*smooches*  You guys are a great support.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 06:48:27 PM »
Hi Izzy,

That is excellent news. A weight has been lifeted off of your shoulders! {{{HUGS}}}

Have the BEST Day!

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »
thats great news iz,see how nice it is to get back a litlle from the system.im so happy for you,i will email you a hug` ::)

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 12:30:10 AM »
Valentino is always helpful!!! :D

CONGRATS IZ!!!
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 05:09:44 AM »
Izzy, sweetheart, I'm doing a major happy dance for you (and your daughter!) right now!

Good on ya , love.

Smooches,
John

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 06:28:49 AM »
Thanks guys  ;D  I need to start the paperwork today and hope it's cleared up before my scripts run out.  I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for me.  I may actually get caught up on my bills by end of month.  It's such a good feeling... Now to keep it that way to put some money into savings!

Offline Longislander

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »
Good For You!!!  big hug
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 12:50:27 PM »
My fingers are crossed and I'm saying a little prayer as well.
But keep us informed....either way.

Sending lots of positive {{{{{{{{ vibes }}}}}}}}
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.