Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Newbie here

<< < (2/2)

latingalnc:
;D Thanks again for the advice. It just seems so overwhelming right now. One day i think I'm OK and then the next I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me.  :o Yes, it's possible it could have been HIV all along but I won't know how long I've been infected or around about when it happened until Thursday. I've never been like this before and I guess it's just making me ILL.(upset) I like to be in control of things and this dx is not letting me yet, but I'll keep on keeping on. Thanks again. I have printed the lesson on numbers and cd-4, vl, but I'm still confused.

Ann:
Latin,

Go easy on yourself - you don't have to learn everything all at once. There's so much to learn - but hey, you've got time. Trust me on that. If there is something specific that is confusing you in the tests lesson, let us know - we might be able to make things clearer for you.

The ups and downs in your feelings are par for the course. Many people liken the first few weeks or even months to being on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. The ride does slow down and even out in time. Just go with the flow - there's no right way or wrong way to feel about all this. Try to accept your feelings - you'll find it easier to cope if you can do that.

Many people benefit by having a journal they can record their daily feelings. I did when I was newly diagnosed and I can't tell you how valuable it is to me at times. It's so good to be able to look back and see how far I've come since then. It can be a real boost in the future, but more importantly, it will be a place right here, right now, where you can get things off your chest.

Hang in there hun, it really does get better.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version