POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 12:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23510
  • Latest: yuanti
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639619
  • Total Topics: 48549
  • Online Today: 206
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 199
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Help needed for me now  (Read 1118 times)

Offline worried100

Help needed for me now
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
You all have been great with advice for my husband, now i wonder if you could help me?

I live in the UK and under treatment under the GUM clinic.

My Doctor in the GUM clinic keeps hassling me for my doctors information, i dont want to tell them, there is a big problem you see.

If i tell my G.P it will go on my records, that is not a problem but what is, is that any bloodwork/smears needed to be done for other purposes will go to the labs to be tested.

I know everyone at those labs as i use to work there. I know they are not allowed to talk about it but i dont want them to know. My mother also works at this place.

I just dont know what to do.

I can only register with a doctor who is in my area but the whole of my area goes to this place for testing :'(

Any ideas? This is starting to worry me again as the time for my appointment is coming up in about four weeks time and she is going to go on again!!

xx

ETA My name is quite unusual and they will know that it is me.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:26:57 PM by worried100 »

Offline EggMan

Re: Help needed for me now
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
The UK has different guide lines and laws then the USA so its hard to make a suggestion on what you can do.
One thing I can suggest is (if its worth your privacy) is a name change and keep that to yourself. "if that is a possibility there"

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »
You are entitled not to tell your HIV clinic your GP's name. They are under pressure to get this info cos it's an auditable outcome for the clinic and also it means they can charge your GP for your care. But you need not tell.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »
Worried, do you have a good relationship with your GP? If you do, you might want to talk to him or her about keeping the hiv info off your records. I did this with my GP years ago when I wasn't quite as open about my status as I am now, due to my daughter's request. The lay staff at my GP's surgery are well known gossips and at least one of them was the mother of one of her friends. I worked with one of the women's husband for a while years ago and he was constantly telling me stories that his wife told him.

My GP was more than happy to keep my hiv info between the two of us and as far as I know, it still is not on my official record with him. (it doesn't matter now, my daughter no longer has concerns about people knowing) Every time I go over to Liverpool for hiv stuff, I receive a letter in the post a few weeks later that I can show to my GP to keep him up-to-date - and it is up to me whether or not I show it to him. Your hiv clinic cannot send any information to your GP without your express permission and you can request that any such correspondence be sent to your home address instead.

And as Newt says, you are under no legal obligation to give your hiv clinic any information regarding your GP. However, it would be good for your GP to know this information so s/he can give you the best care possible. It doesn't have to go on your record.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.