POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 11:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631901
  • Total Topics: 47840
  • Online Today: 293
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 184
Total: 191

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 1362 times)

Offline wolfter

Cycling
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »
Just did my morning ride.  I've gotten into the habit of doing it every morning and am thrilled with the endurance I've garnered.  Just a short time ago I had to have a brother come and start the push mower for me because I didn't have the strength.  When I purchased this bike, I was determined to push myself in the exercise regiment that I'd been lacking of late.  That first ride was a whopping 1/4 mile and required a nap.  Now my morning ride is a couple of miles and my evening ride is the 7 mile loop around part of the lake we live on. 

Now if I could just figure out how to flatten the man boobs and shrink the belly fat, I'd be set.  This regiment is also great if you misbehave the previous evening.  You sweat out all the white zin toxins ;)
productivity breeds content

Online leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Cycling
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
You sweat out all the white zin toxins ;)
ROFLMAO
Good job Wolfie!

I was riding my bike some back in the Spring; but in this daily near-100 degree heat with air quality alerts, I just can't bring myself to get back in the saddle.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:30 AM »
Since I'm an early riser, it makes since to ride at the break of light.  I've learned to schedule my evening ride to coincide with moderate temps.  Throughout the day I take several short rides that I really work it and burn the calories.  I've also been riding daily at lunchtime to Wendy's for a salad. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:20:07 AM »
congrats. When you are ready, add some hill work, or do some stair climbing, and the fat should start coming off.
ďFrom each, according to his ability; to each, according to his needĒ 1875 K Marx

Online leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »
Since I'm an early riser, it makes since to ride at the break of light. 
:D getting up that early goes against my religion of geekdom. ROFL
(it's just way too damned early when one doesn't go to bed until 2 or 3 in the AM ;) )
I only do that when I have the hour and half drive down to the Columbia once or twice a month.

but good for you. biking and salads. By the time we meet up in 55 days, you'll be muscle-y, svelte and hot.  ;D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »
congrats. When you are ready, add some hill work, or do some stair climbing, and the fat should start coming off.

We're in the Appalachian Mountains, everything is a hill. :)

Offline weasel

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 01:01:38 PM »

Sounds like a good idea !

I just bought two new tubes ( puncture proof )  I'll see about that !

I put a new BIG  leather seat on my mountain bike .

The thought of   Seattle coming on so QUICK  has me   thinking of ways to

become Svelte very fast  :o

Weasel

P.S. : Sure wish we had paved roads  ::)
                   Got to drive to a park to ride   :)
" Live and let Live "

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 01:05:14 PM »
Glad to hear the riding is going well, Wolfter. I have been riding my bike more lately while my leg fracture heals.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »
I wish I had enough of an ass left that I could sit on a bicycle seat without it being incredibly painful. Thanks, zerit. Can't go horse riding either.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
I wish I had enough of an ass left... Can't go horse riding either.

In five, four, three, two, one.

I'm standing by patiently awaiting the responses to these revelations  :P
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Atripla. 
Last regimen:  Epzicom, Sustiva (since its inception with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Joe K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »
In five, four, three, two, one.

I'm standing by patiently awaiting the responses to these revelations  :P

I have the same issues that Miss P. mentions and there is nothing funny about any of it.  I cannot sit on any hard surface including concrete, hard chairs or benches.  If I do sit on a hard surface for more than 5 minutes, my legs start to go numb and even my therapist got a chair pad for me to use during our sessions.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »
I have the same issues that Miss P. mentions and there is nothing funny about any of it.  I cannot sit on any hard surface including concrete, hard chairs or benches.  If I do sit on a hard surface for more than 5 minutes, my legs start to go numb and even my therapist got a chair pad for me to use during our sessions.

After I had wasted down to skin and bones I too had serious trouble sitting on chairs it was really uncomfortable after a short period of time.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »
I have to stop more often on road trips than I used to . My legs and ass go numb if I don't stop and walk for a bit . My dogs veterinarian office is first come first serve and the seating is old wood church pews , I hate vet days if I forget my cushion . 

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »
I too am buttuckly challenged and was on Zerit too and to cap it all it was after a good post gallop shower that I first noticed how large the veins in my thighs where. Funny ole life.
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »
Oh believe me, I can relate.  If it wasn't for a wallet in one pocket and an iPhone in the other, I wouldn't have any ass at all.

But back to the topic at hand.  I haven't ridden a bike since I owned a 10-speed when I was a teenager and have often thought about buying one for shits and giggles, but I know it would end up being a clothes rack.

I guess I can always ride vicariously through others.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:24:26 PM by Solo_LTSurvivor »
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Atripla. 
Last regimen:  Epzicom, Sustiva (since its inception with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline wolfter

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »

but good for you. biking and salads. By the time we meet up in 55 days, you'll be muscle-y, svelte and hot.  ;D

Svelte?....lol ;D Could you not come up with a more gayer idiom?   That's never been a goal before, but I do kinda like it.  I guess it's better than when I used to be called petite.  My goal is never muscles, I prefer the trim look. 

I absolutely had to purchase a different seat since I'm also now amongst the butt challenged.  It's like a comfortable padded seat and is larger than most.  It even has shocks on it.  After my recent surgery "down there", I still wouldn't be on the bike with the original hard ass one that came with it.
G

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.