Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:23:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 221
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Plane boarding guidelines  (Read 4586 times)

Offline Teresa

Plane boarding guidelines
« on: September 13, 2006, 03:03:03 pm »
Here are the new guidelines for boarding planes.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: Plane boarding guidelines
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 03:23:43 pm »
Well, I'm certainly not doing a 23 hour flight to Oz in the buff, I'm telling you now!

Modest Melia :o
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline ademas

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 03:37:12 pm »
 :)

I was just at the TSA website reviewing the items that are now prohibited on board commercial flights. 

I know you will all be dismayed to learn that you can no longer carry on your cattle prods.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 03:43:31 pm »
I know you will all be dismayed to learn that you can no longer carry on your cattle prods.

Well darn it!

I'm actually sat here in tears LOL at that comment! :D

*edited to add: Well I hope the airline provide cream with my strawberries and champagne, cos I can no longer carry on my whipped cream either! ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:49:36 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:13:37 pm »
I welcome this development. I have long been a vocal advocate for nude air-travel. :D

MtD

Offline bluelove

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 07:13:45 pm »
Going to bring a whole new meaning to the words " mile high club".

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 08:17:44 pm »
Well, they just might stop the following happening if that's what it comes to.

Last week when I flew to Liverpool for my clinic appointment, I grabbed my lightweight rain jacket on my way out the door and stuffed it into my bag. (Just in case... English weather and all that) I had gone over the contents of my bag twice to make sure I had my travel documents and no hand cream or nail clippers.

On the way BACK HOME... I was stopped when my bag went through the X-ray machine. The woman wanted to look inside my bag and said I had a pair of scissors in there. And I was like "nuh-uh" and she was like "uh-huh" and I was like "nuh-uh" and she was like "uh-huh" and I was like "no way man, no scissors on me!" and she was like "just open the damn bag already...."

So out come a couple books and some bargain fairy lights and the latest edition of Positive Nation magazine and my new supply of codeine, sumatriptan and acyclovir... and my jacket down at the bottom of the bag. As soon as I saw my jacket, my heart sank. Yep, I had scissors all right, my five inch, pointy, and sharp as hell gardening scissors that I use to dead-head flowers and the last time I dead-headed my flowers, I was wearing the jacket.

Er... oops!

Damn, I liked those scissors! But what gets me is that they were in my bag on the way out too but they weren't spotted in the X-ray machine here on the Rock. Oh dear!

Ann
(who was glad the customs woman understood!)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:49:51 am »
I welcome this development. I have long been a vocal advocate for nude air-travel. :D

Matty, I hope you don't advocate nude train-travel too. Put it this way, you better be wearing clothes when you meet me at the central station!!! :P

Melia 8)
(who's nervous system can only take so much!)

PS: And Ann...BIG OOPPSY!! :o
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 07:16:13 am »
Nude travel could be fun..as long as I'm not sitting down in the aisle seat when the guy who has been allocated the seat next to me stretches up to put his bags in the overhead luggage compartment... ;).

Melia...I now have visions of Matty doing a Happy Dance buck naked in Central station... :D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 07:17:12 am »
Doll,

I do many things in the buff. As a matter of fact I'm always nekkid when I'm reading or posting here in the AIDSMEDS forums. I'm in the raw right now. I often wonder what the WW's would do if they knew the answers they get are being delivered by a naked 6'4" HIV infected homosexual Australian.

That said, I'm always clothed on CityRail Stations. Believe me, going nude at Central is a mistake you only make once.

;D

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 07:50:04 am »
I often wonder what the WW's would do if they knew the answers they get are being delivered by a naked 6'4" HIV infected homosexual Australian.

MtD

They'd beat a hasty retreat to the Body and start asking about internet viruses. :P

Just sayin....

:D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 08:34:02 am »
Thank God for clothes.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.