Quantcast
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2016, 01:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 28871
  • Latest: Fayt
Stats
  • Total Posts: 696668
  • Total Topics: 55087
  • Online Today: 257
  • Online Ever: 689
  • (July 01, 2016, 05:09:12 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 201
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: felt like sharing an old picture of my mother  (Read 318 times)

Offline zach

felt like sharing an old picture of my mother
« on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:03 PM »
Requiem aeternam dona eius, Domine
Et lux perpetua luceat eius
Requiescat in pace.
Amen.

Offline DANIELtakashi

Re: felt like sharing an old picture of my mother
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:05:50 PM »
Zach,

Thank you for sharing it.
House of the southern style behind?
Your mother looks just beautiful.
Rest in peace.

I wish we had a time machine so that l could go see the America l have never seen.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:11:43 PM by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English
Reside in TOKYO
Have visited 45 US states, DC, and Guam and Saipan.
Wishing to visit American Samoa someday.

Offline Ptrk3

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »
Your mother was lovely.  So sorry for your loss: may your mother enjoy the peace that passes all understanding.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:28:59 AM »
She's beautiful, Zach. RIP.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info http://www.aidsmap.com/Condoms/page/1044833/
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. http://www.poz.com/factsheets/fs_2014_09_prep.pdf

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Transmission_17146.shtml

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 07:42:12 AM »
Zach , Yes she is beautiful
I hope time is healing.
That photo looks like Cuba or somewhere in the Caribbean
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • Twitter - Yup i have twitter.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 07:52:30 AM »
Its a beautiful picture to have of your mother.

Jim
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 11:02:00 AM »
Great shot. Perfect atmosphere. Love the contrast between her natural beauty and the machine beauty of the Rolls.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline LukasAtlPZ

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 12:28:50 PM »
House of the southern style behind?.

More like Italian / Mediterranean style. The "style" most associated with the southeast US is antebellum. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
Beautiful lady Zach.  So sorry for all the grief and sorrow this has caused you.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline zach

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 04:44:20 AM »
so i got that photo enhanced and colored, happy with the results

mecch, it's a packard, not a rolls

long story behind this picture, i heard about it for years but no one seemed to know where it ended up

black sheep aunt had it crammed down in a bag of pictures, she stayed with my father a few years ago just before i moved back to georgia, the bag was clear and i was packing up the stuff she'd left in the house and happened to spot my mom's face so i dug through that bag... she had a number of pictures my father had taken in the 60-70s... i took them all. i was pretty pissed at her for a long time. it was bent and tattered from being stuffed into the bag. there was a lot of bad blood between my aunt and my mother. and it was well known i was searching for that picture for years.

had i not taken those pictures, they would have been destroyed in a house fire about six months later. widely believed in the family to be an insurance scam, got my aunt a brand new house and quite a bit of money. also destroyed the last quilt my great grandmother made, my grandmothers singer sewing machine, and all the other family heirlooms dad had relented and let her take

but i got that picture out, so score

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 09:59:56 AM »
Im glad you got the pic!  A bit of luck.

My aunt had bad blood with the family and she had later in life marriage to a really rich guy and his kids hated my aunt and resented she got some of "their" money.  (He had been in love with my Aunt for decades, nevertheless.)  Anyway she was the keeper of all family pictures and documents.

Well she was an alchie and rather infirm as an old woman and when her husband died those kids came in and threw away almost everything saying they thought it was useless and "flood damaged" "old documents" of their father.  What bullshit.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2016 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.