Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Does having a purpose in life matter?

(1/4) > >>

Cliff:
Is it necessary to have a purpose in life? 

If you don't have a purpose, according to S. Pavlina, here's how to get one...

--- Quote ---Here’s what to do:

1.  Take out a blank sheet of paper or open up a word processor where you can type (I prefer the latter because it’s faster).

2.  Write at the top, “What is my true purpose in life?”

3.  Write an answer (any answer) that pops into your head. It doesn’t have to be a complete sentence. A short phrase is fine.

4.  Repeat step 3 until you write the answer that makes you cry. This is your purpose.

That’s it. It doesn’t matter if you’re a counselor or an engineer or a bodybuilder. To some people this exercise will make perfect sense. To others it will seem utterly stupid. Usually it takes 15-20 minutes to clear your head of all the clutter and the social conditioning about what you think your purpose in life is. The false answers will come from your mind and your memories. But when the true answer finally arrives, it will feel like it’s coming to you from a different source entirely.
--- End quote ---

jkinatl2:
great. My purpose in life is to kiss my ferrets.

Maybe I miss them so much, is why I got weepy at that point.

kcmetroman:
Well, I learned about my "special purpose" at a young age.  I sometimes have a hard time taking my hands off it.

JeffInNYC:

--- Quote from: kcmetroman on June 04, 2006, 11:51:14 AM ---Well, I learned about my "special purpose" at a young age.  I sometimes have a hard time taking my hands off it.

--- End quote ---

hmmm, surprised youre classified as a 'junior member'   ;D

Iggy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version